Getting serious with your lady friend? If you’re considering whether to ask her to move in, or whether you’d just like to encourage her to spend more time at your place, here are a few tips for making your bachelor pad more female friendly!
As complicated as women can be, their demands are not so outrageous when it comes to the interior of your home. It’s simple – girls like things to be clean, tidy, and to smell nice. Below is a room-by-room guide to getting your home to not only to make a good first impression with the ladies, but also to keep them interested.
- Get ultra-soft and plush towels (and lots of them!) and bath rugs in bright, fresh colors.
- Use a shower curtain that has a bold, geometric print for the most modern and masculine look. For a varied look, get towels and rugs that contrast your shower curtain (a cold, steel gray shower curtain would look best with bold, red or orange towels and rugs).
- Place several large candles around your bathroom in the same colors as your towels and rugs.
- Girls love and appreciate storage. If you only have under-the-sink storage, try using large wicker baskets so she can organize her things. If you have a stand-alone sink, get a standing tower storage cabinet for her.
- Pro tip: Get a good hair dryer. Trust me, it’s a simple trick but is very much appreciated when staying over at a guy’s house. Keep a good stock of her favorite shower gels, shampoos and conditioners – just because you may not use conditioner it doesn’t mean she will choose to live without it! If you really want to earn bonus points, get a selection of hand creams and make-up removers.
- Soft lighting is a big must, whether you achieve this with lamps or candles is up to you.
- Have some reading material lying around – books or magazines can be great conversation starters.
- Choose a dark, solid color for your couch, like a dark gray, brown, or black. Then add some color by choosing contrasting, bright throw pillows, rugs, and curtains.
- Music – make a collection of play-lists to suit every occasion.
- Store your computer games out of sight – if you’re in denial about growing up, at least have the decency to hide it. And while you’re at it, organize your movies and entertainment area.
- Clean, clean, clean! Don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink or piled up on the kitchen table. You may not be a master chef but she doesn’t need to know that. There’s something very sexy about a man cooking you a romantic meal, so invest in a few healthy cookbooks and start practicing. One way to take the edge off this, if it seems like a chore, is to consider kitchen utensils as kinds of gadgets – they can totally pass as ‘boys toys’!
- If there are items in your fridge growing new life it’s time to throw them out! Check the best before dates regularly and always keep a nice bottle of cold Prosecco on hand for those impromptu romantic moments.
- If you’re totally out of cabinet space, install a ceiling pot rack to hang all of your pots from.
- If your kitchen is small, paint the walls with a light and fresh color.
- Always keep fresh, bright dish-towels on hand.
Last but certainly not least, the all-important show down area! If you’re going to take heed of anything in this article, listen up now!
- Gentleman, I hate to have to tell you this, but dirty socks and underwear go in the laundry basket, not on the floor!
- Comfort is number one when snuggling up together to watch a good movie. Invest in a soft set of sheets (jersey sheets are the softest), and a bed spread with a masculine geometric print. You can brighten up dark a bead spread with brightly colored sheets and throw pillows.
- Adjust the lighting so it’s soft and welcoming – get an array of lamps instead of one main light or even try soft fairy lights around the window frame.
- Get some candles – nothing too potent. Try a fresh linen candle which smells amazing but isn’t at all girly – it really does make your whole room smell like freshly washed sheets!
- Be color conscious. Psychologists have found that the color of your room can have big effects on your mood and even your thoughts. Green is known to have a calming effect and will help you to relax after those long days at work.
Written by Alyssa Ennis, a blogger in the Seattle area. You can keep up with her on Twitter.
xDroid Takes The Fun Of Video Racing Games Into The Real World
Want something that brings the thrill of racing video games into the real world? It’s here and it is called xDroid. At last the best features of RC cars and racing video games come together. You can race, drift, jump, play with friends and even code your own games. And you get to control everything from your smartphone.
xDroid brings the best parts of video game racing to the real world. You can play demolition derby, capture the flag and much more. It uses three main elements to work its magic: The mobile gaming app, the xDroid car and the xPoint.
The xDroid is a 1:16 scale hobby-grade smartphone-controlled car, but if you already own an RC car, you can use your own by upgrading it with an xCore. The xPoints are basically small interactive checkpoints that you can position along the route. These will let you collect bonuses, earn scores, and get power-ups. The app has the games, acts as a controller and also a social platform.
I don’t know about you, but I have often dreamed of a Mario Kart type game that I could play in the real world with RC cars. xDroid makes it possible to play this and other video game type racing games.
I can see people really getting into this to the point where it becomes a real sport. The system seems like it has everything you need to play and create good games right out of the gate. You can check out the Kickstarter for more info. This is going to be fun.
Equipment and Supplies Necessary For A Hunting Trip
Hunters can not head out on a hunting trip without first gathering the necessary equipment and supplies. They won’t be able to take down the prey without having the means to do so, and they can’t keep themselves safe without the right gear. Bringing the right equipment and supplies out hunting will be the difference between a successful trip and an unsuccessful one.
Rifle or Bow
There is one main piece of equipment a hunter needs, and that is their weapon. It’s difficult to take an animal down without the proper weapon to do so. The season in which you’re hunting plays a major role in determining whether you should take a rifle or bow. A bow is often the preferred hunting method because it’s quieter and the arrows can be reused time and time again. Shops like James River Archery offer the latest technology in hunting equipment, including the Micro Hex Hunting Stabilizer.
Hunters are meant to wear something orange, typically a hat or vest, in an effort to protect themselves. They may want to stay camouflaged and hidden from whatever animals they’re hunting, but they need to let other hunters in the area know they’re there as well. Seeing a bright orange color from a distance will let others know not to shoot in that direction. It’s a simple safety precaution that must be taken by every hunter.
Warm, Yet Protective Clothes and Boots
Hunting gear includes clothing and shoes. A hunter’s outfit must keep them warm no matter what temperature they’re in, especially since many tend to head out in the early morning hours when it’s still chilly. The outfit should also help protect the hunter, providing extra layers to keep the weather and insects and critters, from doing any harm. Both an inner and outer layer should be worn along with weatherproof and all-terrain boots that are comfortable for long treks through the wood.
Animals can often smell humans in the area without needing to see them. If they can tell that a person is nearby they’re more likely to wander off in the opposite direction. Using a scent-blocker on the clothing worn can help keep a person’s scent at bay so no prey knows they’re nearby. A more attractive scent can be used to attract the animal, such as doe urine to bring more bucks to the area thinking a female is near. Hunters will use different foods and scents depending on the type of animal they’re hunting. While deer enjoy eating corn and peas, rabbits will come to an apple cider scent or apples.
No one should ever head out hunting without first obtaining the proper license. There are only a certain number of game a person can tag and bring in to have processed and used for meat. People can face serious fines if found hunting without a license, so it’s better to start off each season with an updated version. Hunting and fishing licenses can often be obtained online or from a store that sells hunting gear. Hunting big game requires people to apply and be selected before they can continue.
The right equipment and supplies need to be worn and brought along on a hunting excursion. Without them, the venture would not be successful. Certain rules and requirements have been made for hunting for a reason, so all hunters will be safe and protected while they’re out in the wilderness.
From Smoke To Vapor: Is It For You?
Over the past few years, vaping has become incredibly popular. It’s proven to be a very strong competitor to traditional smoking, leading lots of people to ditch cigarettes in favor of vaping.
People are making that choice for several reasons. If you’re thinking about making the switch yourself, you may find it a little strange to think that you can just drop cigarettes in favor of vaping, and certainly the transition will take some adjusting. But in time, you may find that the advantages of changing will be easy to see, and they’ll give you plenty of reason to stay with vaping.
You Can Choose Your Product
Generally speaking, a cigarette is a cigarette. The flavor is the same, the nicotine content is the same, and even the appearance does not vary dramatically from brand to brand. About the only distinction is the carton, which spends most of its time in your pocket or purse anyway.
With vaping, you can mix things up a little bit. You can find vape and ejuice deals that will let you try any of a number of different flavors and levels of nicotine, all without spending hours digging through stores. They can range from the tame to the extreme, and if you don’t like them, you can change them.
Your vaporizer itself also reflects your personality. Because vapers use the same device for months or even years, they work hard to avoid designs that cramp their style and push them back to cigarettes.
It’s Smoking Without The Smoke
Clearly, vaping is not nearly as intrusive as smoking. The vapor does not carry the distinctive odor of cigarette smoke, making it far less unpleasant to those around you. The vapor doesn’t discolor clothing or leave your vehicle permeated with an almost-indestructible odor.
Vaping is based on water vapor instead of acrid smoke. It isn’t intrusive to those around you; it doesn’t burn their eyes or leave them coughing and sneezing anytime you’re around. And it’s short-lived, dissipating quickly into the air around you while still giving you that smoking look.
Vaping Is Safer & Cleaner
A fundamental component of a cigarette is the combustion. A tiny but incredibly hot area of tobacco converting to ash dangles delicately at the very end of the cigarette, ready to fall loose or to be dropped with the entire cigarette. Over the years, there have been countless cases of injuries and deaths from these small points of ignition, along with equally innumerable cases of damaged clothing, furniture, carpet, and other valuables that were on the receiving end of a dropped or falling cigarette.
Cigarette smoke also discolors your teeth, your clothing, your paint–you name it. It also leaves behind messy cigarette butts that clog storm sewers, fill trash cans, and create a fire hazard both in buildings and in the outdoors.
There is a lot of appeal to nicotine. Smokers enjoy the feeling they get from nicotine, but smoking has always been problematic in terms of its risks as a fire hazard as well as the unpopular and unpleasant impacts of the smoker on those around them who are not smoking.
Vaping eliminates both the fire danger and the troublesome smoke, allowing the vaper to enjoy nicotine without creating such an imposition on those around them. These benefits are the driving force between the growing popularity of vaping, and they suggest the trend will continue.