Getting serious with your lady friend? If you’re considering whether to ask her to move in, or whether you’d just like to encourage her to spend more time at your place, here are a few tips for making your bachelor pad more female friendly!
As complicated as women can be, their demands are not so outrageous when it comes to the interior of your home. It’s simple – girls like things to be clean, tidy, and to smell nice. Below is a room-by-room guide to getting your home to not only to make a good first impression with the ladies, but also to keep them interested.
- Get ultra-soft and plush towels (and lots of them!) and bath rugs in bright, fresh colors.
- Use a shower curtain that has a bold, geometric print for the most modern and masculine look. For a varied look, get towels and rugs that contrast your shower curtain (a cold, steel gray shower curtain would look best with bold, red or orange towels and rugs).
- Place several large candles around your bathroom in the same colors as your towels and rugs.
- Girls love and appreciate storage. If you only have under-the-sink storage, try using large wicker baskets so she can organize her things. If you have a stand-alone sink, get a standing tower storage cabinet for her.
- Pro tip: Get a good hair dryer. Trust me, it’s a simple trick but is very much appreciated when staying over at a guy’s house. Keep a good stock of her favorite shower gels, shampoos and conditioners – just because you may not use conditioner it doesn’t mean she will choose to live without it! If you really want to earn bonus points, get a selection of hand creams and make-up removers.
- Soft lighting is a big must, whether you achieve this with lamps or candles is up to you.
- Have some reading material lying around – books or magazines can be great conversation starters.
- Choose a dark, solid color for your couch, like a dark gray, brown, or black. Then add some color by choosing contrasting, bright throw pillows, rugs, and curtains.
- Music – make a collection of play-lists to suit every occasion.
- Store your computer games out of sight – if you’re in denial about growing up, at least have the decency to hide it. And while you’re at it, organize your movies and entertainment area.
- Clean, clean, clean! Don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink or piled up on the kitchen table. You may not be a master chef but she doesn’t need to know that. There’s something very sexy about a man cooking you a romantic meal, so invest in a few healthy cookbooks and start practicing. One way to take the edge off this, if it seems like a chore, is to consider kitchen utensils as kinds of gadgets – they can totally pass as ‘boys toys’!
- If there are items in your fridge growing new life it’s time to throw them out! Check the best before dates regularly and always keep a nice bottle of cold Prosecco on hand for those impromptu romantic moments.
- If you’re totally out of cabinet space, install a ceiling pot rack to hang all of your pots from.
- If your kitchen is small, paint the walls with a light and fresh color.
- Always keep fresh, bright dish-towels on hand.
Last but certainly not least, the all-important show down area! If you’re going to take heed of anything in this article, listen up now!
- Gentleman, I hate to have to tell you this, but dirty socks and underwear go in the laundry basket, not on the floor!
- Comfort is number one when snuggling up together to watch a good movie. Invest in a soft set of sheets (jersey sheets are the softest), and a bed spread with a masculine geometric print. You can brighten up dark a bead spread with brightly colored sheets and throw pillows.
- Adjust the lighting so it’s soft and welcoming – get an array of lamps instead of one main light or even try soft fairy lights around the window frame.
- Get some candles – nothing too potent. Try a fresh linen candle which smells amazing but isn’t at all girly – it really does make your whole room smell like freshly washed sheets!
- Be color conscious. Psychologists have found that the color of your room can have big effects on your mood and even your thoughts. Green is known to have a calming effect and will help you to relax after those long days at work.
Written by Alyssa Ennis, a blogger in the Seattle area. You can keep up with her on Twitter.
SpaceX Is Sending A Japanese Billionaire On A Trip Around The Moon
A few days back, SpaceX tweeted that they had signed the world’s first private passenger to fly around the Moon aboard their BFR launch vehicle, with a cryptic Japanese flag emoji providing the only clue as to who the passenger might be.
Today, SpaceX CEO Elon Musk took to the stage at a press event at SpaceX’s headquarters and announced that Japanese fashion magnate Yusaku Maezawa would be the first person to make the journey around the moon. The BFR Lunar Mission will last an estimated four to five days and will take place as early as 2023.
Maezawa is the 42-year-old Japanese billionaire founder of the custom clothing online retailer ZOZO, with a reported net worth of $3.6 billion. Needless to say, he’s got the wherewithal to afford such an extravagant expenditure.
“Ever since I was a kid, I have loved the moon,” Maezawa said during the press conference. “Just staring at the moon fueled my imagination; it’s always there and has continued to inspire humanity. That is why I do not pass up this opportunity to see the moon up close.”
But that’s not all. Maezawa is inviting six to eight artists from around the world to join him on this mission to the Moon. The billionaire said he will invited painters, sculptors, musicians, and architects from around the world. Upon their return all he requests is that they create a work of art using their stellar trek as inspiration.
“These artists will be asked to create something when they return to Earth,” said Maezawa. “These masterpieces will inspire the dreamer inside all of us. Needless to say, we’ve always been inspired by the Moon. Take for example, Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata, Van Gogh’s Starry Night, and The Beatles’ Mr. Moonlight.”
If successful, Maezawa and the people who join him will be the first humans to travel to the Moon since the final Apollo mission in 1972. But before history is made, the BFR needs to be constructed, and they’ve got five years to do so. An ambitious time table, but Musk and team believe they can do it.
The BFR Lunar Mission is the first step in Elon Musk’s master plan, as he wants humanity “to become a multi-planet civilization as soon as possible” and that he hopes to “make people excited about the future.”
Mission accomplished Elon, 2023 can’t get here soon enough!
You’ll Never Run Out Of Power Again With The 20,100 mAh Novoo AC Power Bank
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Omars Electronics, but all thoughts are our own.
How many of you suffer from charge anxiety, worried about one of your devices (phone, tablet, laptop, etc) running out of juice when you’re out and about? We’ve all been there, frantically searching for a free outlet to plug into and get charged up.
As someone who travels frequently, this is something I constantly struggle with, as it’s easy to drain your battery on a cross-country flight while playing Candy Crush or watching movies… especially if the airplane you’re on doesn’t have a USB port or power outlet.
To combat this, I always travel with a “pocket power bank”, which can charge up my phone or tablet in an emergency. But they’re not good for much else, as these little power banks simply don’t have a lot of juice, not to mention the fact that you can’t charge other devices, like your laptop (assuming it doesn’t draw too much wattage), DSLR, Bluetooth headphones, or drone.
So what’s the alternative? The 20,100 mAh Novoo AC Power Bank is your energy solution to keep your laptops, tablets, smartphones and other digital devices charged anytime, anywhere. Not only is that a CRAZY amount of battery capacity (enough to charge a smartphone more than five times), but you can charge multiple devices at once, and it supports three different types of ports: USB, USB-C, and an AC outlet.
It’s that last one that had me perk up and take notice, as I am rarely able to get through a long flight without my laptop running out of juice. With the Novoo AC Power Bank, I can plug in my laptop when I’m running low on juice and keep on going. It’s also handy if you’re traveling abroad and don’t want to buy a power adapter, or if you’re camping out in the woods. Simply charge this bad boy up before your trip, and use it to recharge your devices instead.
This actually would have been a lifesaver when I visited London last year, as I totally forgot to pack a power adaptor in my haste. Both my laptop and GoPro ran out of juice while I was out there, and I had no way of charging them back up. But if I had the Novoo AC Power Bank with me, I would have been good to go. Talk about a rookie mistake!
Best of all, the Novoo AC Power Bank won’t take up a lot of room in your backpack, as it’s only a little bigger than a soda can, measuring in at 80mm x 80mm x 155mm and weighing just 2.12 pounds. So what are you waiting for? If you’re constantly worried about running out of power, pick up the Novoo AC Power Bank (using coupon code NOVOOESS for 15% off) and leave that charge anxiety behind.
While you’re at it, make sure you check out the other sweet gear that Omars Electronics offers for power users, like their Omars 10-Port Hub (use coupon code OMARS10P for 15% off) and the Omars Beast – a crazy huge capacity 26,800 mAh 90 watt AC power bank (use coupon code NOVOOTPB for 10% off).
Last but not least, you can enter to win your very own Novoo AC Power Bank:
Here’s Your Chance To Shop Local While Giving Back To A Worthy Cause
There’s no question that online retailers like Amazon have changed the game, allowing people to purchase virtually anything with the simple click of a button, and have it delivered within a few days. It’s super convenient for sure, but at what cost?
Over the years, we have seen these massive companies put the little Mom & Pop shops out of business. But fear not, because today’s younger generation is looking to change of all of that, all while giving back to some worthy causes.
Currently, 75% of millennial consumers consider it very important to support brands that give back to society, and 37% of those same consumers are more likely to buy items associated with a particular cause. And they want to support the Maker Movement by purchasing unique and innovative products made by inventors, designers, engineers, artists and true craftsman.
One company helping to facilitate this movement is IndieDoGood.com, which helps connect small businesses with consumers through their website, with tons of unique and innovative products to choose from. And best of all, they donate 5% of your total purchase price to your favorite charity. Seriously, how great is that?
You can check out this video to learn more about the IndieDoGood story.
The company was founded by Ron and Sue Otten, driven by their passion for giving back to charities and local communities along with their desire to provide an environment where entrepreneurs can tell their story, quickly go to market, and bring high-quality, artisanal products to shoppers around the world.
Here are a few products on IndieDoGood.com that caught our attention:
Shore Boards started by building hollow-wood paddle boards, that can even be customized and are gorgeous pieces of art. These top-quality boards are handmade for all types of board sports including Stand Up Paddle Boards, Longboards, and Wakesurf boards. This video gives you a behind-the-scenes look at the way these boards are made and provides some insights to this home-grown artisan company.
MotionWise Standing Desk
Studies have long shown many health disadvantages of prolonged sitting, they call it “Sitting Disease”. As someone who spends most of my day sitting in front of a computer screen, I could definitely benefit from MotionWise’s creatively-designed standing desks that provide improved blood flow throughout your body, increased energy, better posture, while actually helping you to burn more calories while working.
Hammer Head Swim Caps
Hammer Head Swim Caps is the world’s ONLY protective swim cap. Did you know that water sports have more ER visits than football, rugby, and hockey? Hammer Head swim caps protect swimmers thanks to a patent-pending layer of honeycomb material inside the cap that helps to absorb and dissipate the shock of impact with the wall and other swimmers.
These are just a few examples from the ever-growing catalog of unique products available for purchase from IndieDoGood.com. So what do you say, who’s ready to support the Maker Movement while doing some good for your favorite charity?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by IndieDoGood, but all opinions are my own.