Getting serious with your lady friend? If you’re considering whether to ask her to move in, or whether you’d just like to encourage her to spend more time at your place, here are a few tips for making your bachelor pad more female friendly!
As complicated as women can be, their demands are not so outrageous when it comes to the interior of your home. It’s simple – girls like things to be clean, tidy, and to smell nice. Below is a room-by-room guide to getting your home to not only to make a good first impression with the ladies, but also to keep them interested.
- Get ultra-soft and plush towels (and lots of them!) and bath rugs in bright, fresh colors.
- Use a shower curtain that has a bold, geometric print for the most modern and masculine look. For a varied look, get towels and rugs that contrast your shower curtain (a cold, steel gray shower curtain would look best with bold, red or orange towels and rugs).
- Place several large candles around your bathroom in the same colors as your towels and rugs.
- Girls love and appreciate storage. If you only have under-the-sink storage, try using large wicker baskets so she can organize her things. If you have a stand-alone sink, get a standing tower storage cabinet for her.
- Pro tip: Get a good hair dryer. Trust me, it’s a simple trick but is very much appreciated when staying over at a guy’s house. Keep a good stock of her favorite shower gels, shampoos and conditioners – just because you may not use conditioner it doesn’t mean she will choose to live without it! If you really want to earn bonus points, get a selection of hand creams and make-up removers.
- Soft lighting is a big must, whether you achieve this with lamps or candles is up to you.
- Have some reading material lying around – books or magazines can be great conversation starters.
- Choose a dark, solid color for your couch, like a dark gray, brown, or black. Then add some color by choosing contrasting, bright throw pillows, rugs, and curtains.
- Music – make a collection of play-lists to suit every occasion.
- Store your computer games out of sight – if you’re in denial about growing up, at least have the decency to hide it. And while you’re at it, organize your movies and entertainment area.
- Clean, clean, clean! Don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink or piled up on the kitchen table. You may not be a master chef but she doesn’t need to know that. There’s something very sexy about a man cooking you a romantic meal, so invest in a few healthy cookbooks and start practicing. One way to take the edge off this, if it seems like a chore, is to consider kitchen utensils as kinds of gadgets – they can totally pass as ‘boys toys’!
- If there are items in your fridge growing new life it’s time to throw them out! Check the best before dates regularly and always keep a nice bottle of cold Prosecco on hand for those impromptu romantic moments.
- If you’re totally out of cabinet space, install a ceiling pot rack to hang all of your pots from.
- If your kitchen is small, paint the walls with a light and fresh color.
- Always keep fresh, bright dish-towels on hand.
Last but certainly not least, the all-important show down area! If you’re going to take heed of anything in this article, listen up now!
- Gentleman, I hate to have to tell you this, but dirty socks and underwear go in the laundry basket, not on the floor!
- Comfort is number one when snuggling up together to watch a good movie. Invest in a soft set of sheets (jersey sheets are the softest), and a bed spread with a masculine geometric print. You can brighten up dark a bead spread with brightly colored sheets and throw pillows.
- Adjust the lighting so it’s soft and welcoming – get an array of lamps instead of one main light or even try soft fairy lights around the window frame.
- Get some candles – nothing too potent. Try a fresh linen candle which smells amazing but isn’t at all girly – it really does make your whole room smell like freshly washed sheets!
- Be color conscious. Psychologists have found that the color of your room can have big effects on your mood and even your thoughts. Green is known to have a calming effect and will help you to relax after those long days at work.
Written by Alyssa Ennis, a blogger in the Seattle area. You can keep up with her on Twitter.
Here’s Your Chance To Shop Local While Giving Back To A Worthy Cause
There’s no question that online retailers like Amazon have changed the game, allowing people to purchase virtually anything with the simple click of a button, and have it delivered within a few days. It’s super convenient for sure, but at what cost?
Over the years, we have seen these massive companies put the little Mom & Pop shops out of business. But fear not, because today’s younger generation is looking to change of all of that, all while giving back to some worthy causes.
Currently, 75% of millennial consumers consider it very important to support brands that give back to society, and 37% of those same consumers are more likely to buy items associated with a particular cause. And they want to support the Maker Movement by purchasing unique and innovative products made by inventors, designers, engineers, artists and true craftsman.
One company helping to facilitate this movement is IndieDoGood.com, which helps connect small businesses with consumers through their website, with tons of unique and innovative products to choose from. And best of all, they donate 5% of your total purchase price to your favorite charity. Seriously, how great is that?
You can check out this video to learn more about the IndieDoGood story.
The company was founded by Ron and Sue Otten, driven by their passion for giving back to charities and local communities along with their desire to provide an environment where entrepreneurs can tell their story, quickly go to market, and bring high-quality, artisanal products to shoppers around the world.
Here are a few products on IndieDoGood.com that caught our attention:
Shore Boards started by building hollow-wood paddle boards, that can even be customized and are gorgeous pieces of art. These top-quality boards are handmade for all types of board sports including Stand Up Paddle Boards, Longboards, and Wakesurf boards. This video gives you a behind-the-scenes look at the way these boards are made and provides some insights to this home-grown artisan company.
MotionWise Standing Desk
Studies have long shown many health disadvantages of prolonged sitting, they call it “Sitting Disease”. As someone who spends most of my day sitting in front of a computer screen, I could definitely benefit from MotionWise’s creatively-designed standing desks that provide improved blood flow throughout your body, increased energy, better posture, while actually helping you to burn more calories while working.
Hammer Head Swim Caps
Hammer Head Swim Caps is the world’s ONLY protective swim cap. Did you know that water sports have more ER visits than football, rugby, and hockey? Hammer Head swim caps protect swimmers thanks to a patent-pending layer of honeycomb material inside the cap that helps to absorb and dissipate the shock of impact with the wall and other swimmers.
These are just a few examples from the ever-growing catalog of unique products available for purchase from IndieDoGood.com. So what do you say, who’s ready to support the Maker Movement while doing some good for your favorite charity?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by IndieDoGood, but all opinions are my own.
6 Ways Online Slots Are Better Than Going To A Casino
Thanks to the Internet, gaming and gambling have become greatly revolutionized. People no longer have to spend their time in traditional casinos, as they can now have just as much fun from the convenience of their own homes.
With great advancements in online slots and other online games, more and more people are deciding to test their luck virtually nowadays. Here are some of the most apparent reasons why online gambling is better than the traditional kind:
1. You lose less time
Getting dressed, driving over to the casino, and then finding a parking spot might be seen as a waste of time from the perspective of many busy people. That’s the beauty of playing online, you don’t have to worry about that, as sites like Prime Slots allow you to go online and win real money playing your favorite games anywhere and anytime, whenever you feel like it.
This kind of convenience allows you to manage your time better, giving you more freedom and convenience. No matter whether you are at home, or stuck in traffic, the only thing you need is your computer or a mobile device and a decent Internet connection, and you’re ready to win some cash in no time!
2. It’s safer
While some people like the social environment traditional casinos offer, the majority simply values their privacy when gambling. If you don’t want the rest of the world to know what you are doing, how much you are winning or losing – online slots are the safest option out there!
When playing online slots, privacy and safety are guaranteed, and the money you win can be received via trustworthy online payments.
3. You have more control over your spending
People who gamble at traditional casinos usually order a few drinks while playing… And why not, because they’re offered free of charge, and practically everyone around them is drinking. What’s more, in most cases these free drinks are alcoholic for a good reason.
People who get carried away playing slots usually stop keeping track of how much they drank, which makes them more prone to making impulsive decisions and wasting their money. When playing online slots, you can be in charge of how much you are spending at all times. You can even take it one step further and play Slotomania’s free classic slot machines just for fun.
4. No dirty tricks hidden in the playing environment
One of the biggest goals of people who work in casinos is to get their players to spend as much money as they can, and then some. Even if you’re absolutely sure that you can’t be influenced by anyone or anything when it comes to spending your money, that is highly unlikely after a couple of drinks and with hospitable personnel offering you more chances to win, even though you have already lost enough.
They have numerous carefully thought-out strategies to keep you playing. For instance, there are no clocks and no windows, which can easily make you lose track of time. On the other hand, when you are playing online, no one will be there to trick you into spending more than you should.
5. It’s easier to concentrate
Although being surrounded with people when you are gambling can seem fun at times, when it comes to playing some games which involve skills and strategies, it can be difficult to concentrate. There are many things which can distract you and cause you to make hasty and impulsive moves.
When you are playing with no distractions at your home, however, you can put more focus on making more calculated decisions and thus increasing your chances of winning.
6. Free money is the best motivator
Not only can you try out online casino games for free before you decide to wager your money, but there are also numerous welcoming deposit bonuses offered to new players, enabling you to double your deposited funds, which you normally don’t get in a regular casino.
To sum up, online casinos have become the safest way to gamble nowadays. If you are tired of being manipulated into spending crazy amounts of money and you value convenience above everything, switching to online gambling is the best choice.
Everything You Need To Know To Save Big During Amazon Prime Day
Get excited people, because Amazon Prime Day kicks off today at 3pm ET, and the shop-till-you-drop extravaganza promises more than one million deals during the 36-hour sale..
As the name suggests, Prime Day dishes up exclusive deals for Amazon Prime subscribers (all 100 million of them), so if you find something you like but you’re not a member yet, you can sign up for their 30-day trial to take part in the sale.
If it’s anything like previous years, this Black Friday of July will have some crazy-good deals on computers, electronics, gear, services, and everything in between. Amazon says they will be releasing new Lightning Deals and Spotlight Deals, so keep refreshing that browser!
While Amazon hasn’t released a list of what’s going on sale yet, there are already some very solid deals available:
The Echo Show brings you everything you love about Alexa… now enhanced with visuals. You can watch video content, see music lyrics, security camera footage, weather forecasts, photos, to-do and shopping lists, browse and listen to Audible audiobooks, and more. Right now it’s on sale for $129, and that’s far and away the cheapest we’ve seen this device.
AmazonBasics offers everyday items like HDMI cables, batteries, and audio cables for your electronics, as well as home necessities like bed sheets, bath towels, and knife sets. They’re always value priced, but right now they’re up to 20% cheaper.
Looking for a nice TV for a guest bedroom, home gym, college dorm, or other smaller space? You’ll be hard-pressed to find a better deal than this Hisense 40-inch 1080p LED TV, which is currently on sale for $185. That’s stupid cheap, and at this price, you can be sure these will sell out quick. So if you want one, don’t delay!
If you’re looking to spruce up your place with a new couch, furniture, or other home décor, Rivet and Stone & Beam offer some great options that won’t break the bank. Seriously, who knew Amazon sold this kind of stuff?!
Save up to 50% off popular movies including ‘Wonder’, ‘Downsizing’ and ‘Black Panther’. Sure, you could save a few cents by going to Redbox, but then you’ve got to go back out to return it afterwards. This is nice and easy.
Kindle Unlimited gives you unlimited access to over 1 million books. This robust library normally costs $10 per month, but if you sign up during Prime Day, you can get the first three months for just $1. (Just remember to cancel your subscription afterwards, or you’ll be billed $9.99/month thereafter)
Much rather listen to your books? Amazon’s audiobook subscription normally costs $14.95 per month, but right now you can lock in a rate of $4.95/month for three months. Better still, it doesn’t look like this deal is reserved for new users, so you may be able to get that rate even if you’ve tried Audible before.
Like we said, be sure to keep checking Amazon’s website over the next 36 hours, as new deals will be released every five minutes. Last year, shoppers spent $1 billion in just the first two minutes of Prime Day, which explains why Jeff Bezos is the world’s richest person.