Throughout the summer, Knob Creek and Celebrity Chef Michael Symon have been showing us how to step up our grilling skills through a series of web videos. The last video we posted had Chef Symon showing us how to prepare and grill a skirt steak, and in his latest video, he focuses on meat grilling, namely how to grill up an amazing burger with Knob Creek caramelized onions, gruyere & horseradish.
Ready to make this burger for yourself? Here’s Chef Michael Symon’s recipe, have at it.
Burger with Knob Creek Caramelized Onions, Gruyere & Horseradish
Recipe Serves 4
- 4, 6 oz. Beef Patties
- 4 slices of Gruyere Cheese
- 4 tablespoons Freshly Grated Horseradish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Season burgers liberally with salt and pepper
- Place burger on grill and cook to the preferred doneness
- Top with onions then cheese
- Once cheese is melted place on toasted bun and top with fresh horseradish and serve
Knob Creek Bourbon Caramelized Onions:
- 1 Yellow Onion Thinly Sliced
- 2 tablespoons Whole Unsalted Butter
- 4 oz. Knob Creek® Bourbon
- In a 12 inch sauté pan heat 2 tablespoons butter until melted over medium heat
- Add onions and a pinch of salt and slowly cook for 10-15 minutes until onions become golden
- Turn up heat to medium high and add Knob Creek Bourbon
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes and set aside
Let us know how it turned out for you!