Feast your eyes on the upcoming Nikon COOLPIX P1000 DSLR camera, with an eye-popping 125x optical zoom, giving you the equivalent focal range of 24mm to 3000mm, allowing you to capture any subject no matter how far away it is.
With this insane zoom, you’re able to shoot objects that are literally miles away, depending on your vantage point. Wildlife enthusiast can capture detailed photos of deadly lions in the wild without risking life and limb for that perfect shot. NASCAR fans can shoot incredibly detailed photos from the cheap seats. Heck, astronomy buffs can capture not just the moon, but the craters, peaks and valleys of its surface!
Man, talk about a game-changer.. No more bags of bulky lenses to swap between, just a simple camera to carry with you, ready to shoot at a moment’s notice. And it’s not super heavy either, weighing in at a reasonable 3.1 pounds.
The Nikon’s massive lens is joined by a 16MP sensor that has a Dual Detect Optical Vibration Reduction system for image stabilization, a 3.2″ vari-angle LCD, a 0.39-inch 2.36 million dot electronic viewfinder, and 4K capability that’ll let you get those close up shots in full Ultra HD resolution. And for greater control of your videos, manual mode allows you to adjust focus, exposure and more during recording.
Even more impressive than the features is the price, coming in at a very reasonable $999 when it hits shelves in September. I spent more on my Sony with a few lenses, and they don’t even begin to offer the versatility of this bad boy.
Still need convincing? Just watch this video showing the camera in action. That first scene in Central Park is beyond impressive.
A commenter said it best: “With this camera, you don’t actually need to travel. Just get up on a high enough building and photograph the place you would have otherwise flown to.” 🙂
Click here for more information on the Nikon COOLPIX P1000.
The GoPro HERO7 Black Makes Shaky Videos A Thing Of The Past
Like many of you, I’m rocking a GoPro that’s more than a few years old, and seeing as how it still works just fine, I haven’t found the need to upgrade to the latest model.. until now.
The GoPro HERO7 Black was just introduced, and let me tell you, it’s a total game changer, setting the bar for video stabilization with its standout feature, HyperSmooth.
HyperSmooth is the best in-camera video stabilization ever featured in a camera. It makes it easy to capture professional-looking, gimbal-like stabilized video without the expense or hassle of a motorized gimbal. Don’t believe me? Just watch this video and see for yourself.
Pretty incredible, right? GoPro really knocked it out of the park this time. And it’s not all. The HERO7 Black introduces a radical new form of video called TimeWarp, applying a high-speed, ‘magic-carpet-ride’ effect to your videos and showcasing longer experiences in short, flowing videos that are compelling to watch and easy to share.
And when it comes to sharing, there’s no faster way to do it than live. HERO7 Black is the first GoPro to live stream, enabling users to automatically share in real time to Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, Vimeo and other platforms internationally. The result is an exciting and convenient way to share life’s more interesting, on-the-go moments.
“HERO7 Black is the GoPro we’ve all been waiting for,” said GoPro founder, Nick Woodman. “With HyperSmooth video stabilization, HERO7 Black is a camera anyone can use to capture amazingly smooth, professional looking shots of their activities. And they can do it live.”
HERO7 Black Features:
- HyperSmooth Stabilization – Gimbal-like stabilization without the gimbal
- Live Stream – Automatic sharing as you live it while saving your streamed videos to your SD card in high definition
- TimeWarp Video – Super-stabilized time lapse ‘magic carpet ride’ videos of your experiences, up to 30x speed
- SuperPhoto – Intelligent scene analyzation for professional-looking photos via automatically applied HDR, Local Tone Mapping and Multi-Frame Noise Reduction
- Portrait Mode – Native vertical-capture for easy sharing to Instagram Stories, Snapchat and more
- Enhanced Audio – Re-engineered audio captures increased dynamic range, new microphone membrane reduces unwanted vibrations during mounted situations
- Intuitive Touch Interface – 2-inch touch display with simplified user interface enables native vertical (portrait) use of camera
- Face, Smile + Scene Detection – HERO7 Black recognizes faces, expressions and scene-types to enhance automatic QuikStory edits on the GoPro app
- Short Clips – Restricts video recording to 15- or 30-second clips for faster transfer to phone, editing and sharing. Great for new users and kids.
- Photo Timer – Countdown timer for convenient selfies and group shots
- Stunning Image Quality – 4K60 video and 12MP photos
- Ultra Slo-Mo – 8x slow motion in 1080p240
- Rugged and Waterproof – Waterproof without a housing to 33ft (10m), goes everywhere your phone can’t
- Voice Control – Verbal commands let you go hands-free in 14 languages
- Auto Transfer to Phone – Your photos and videos move automatically from camera when connected to the GoPro app for on-the-go sharing
- GPS Performance Stickers – Track speed, distance and elevation, then highlight them by adding stickers to videos in the GoPro app
- Touch Zoom – Frame your photos and videos with just a touch
The GoPro HERO7 Black is currently available for pre-order for $399. And for those of you who don’t need all the bells and whistles, the HERO7 Silver ($299) and HERO7 White ($199) offer a lot of bang for the buck as well.
What do you think of the GoPro HERO7 Black?
Isn’t It About Time You Upgraded That Old Camera Of Yours?
When I started getting serious about photography, I decided to invest the money in a quality DSLR. And after lots of research, I decided on the Canon Rebel T3. It was a great “starter” DSLR, and I have captured some truly remarkable photos with it as I’ve traveled around […]
Disclosure: I’ve partnered with KEH Camera to show you how easy it is to trade in your old camera gear, but all opinions are my own.
When I started getting serious about photography, I decided to invest the money in a quality DSLR. And after lots of research, I decided on the Canon Rebel T3. It was a great “starter” DSLR, and I have captured some truly remarkable photos with it as I’ve traveled around the world. But it’s getting a little long in the tooth, and I’m ready to upgrade to a newer camera so I can take my photos to the next level.
The two cameras on my short list are the Canon 5D Mark III or the Canon 6D, which are both great cameras in their own right. But if you’ve ever looked at these cameras, you know that they’re both SUPER expensive, with the 5D Mark III costing over $2,000, and that’s just for the body. Ouch!
Luckily, I discovered KEH Camera, the world’s largest online used camera and photography equipment store. KEH has been around since 1979, and they buy and sell used cameras and other camera equipment. I saw that they had a few used Canon 5D Mark III cameras in stock, including one in “Excellent Plus” condition for $2,089. So I decided to see what they’d give me for my trusty Canon Rebel T3 and 50mm lens.
The process couldn’t have been easier. I simply entered my camera details in the “I want to sell…” box on the website. From there, they asked me a few questions about the condition of the camera, what’s included with it (battery and charger or body only), and an optional serial number. Based on the information I provided, they gave me a quote of $173.25 for my camera and lens.
If you’re happy with the quote, you can continue the checkout process, where you choose how you would like to get paid (check, PayPal, or KEH Cash). If you’re plan on buying some camera gear for them, use the code LUCKY7 to get 7% off your order (Expires 7/31/17) and if you choose KEH Cash / Gift Card to receive an additional 5% bonus payout.
Afterwards, you simply send your camera to KEH (free shipping), where they will give it a gentle yet thorough cleaning, after which they’ll evaluate the condition. If it’s as you described it, they’ll send you the payment. If they feel it’s in lesser condition, you can either choose to accept their new quote or have it sent back to you (also free shipping). Worst case scenario, you get your gear back cleaner than it was before.
Overall, I couldn’t be happier with the whole experience. KEH has over 35 years of experience in buying and selling used cameras, and the offer great value, excellent service, and quality equipment. I haven’t pulled the trigger just yet, as I still can’t decide between the 5D Mark III and 6D. But once I do, you can be sure that I’ll be ordering it from KEH for a fraction of the price, and using the LUCKY7 promo code to get 7% off my order.
So what do you say? If you’ve been thinking of trading in that old camera of yours for the latest and greatest, visit KEH.com and get a hassle-free quote today. Trust me, you’ll be glad you did.
Take Your iPhone Photos To The Next Level With The Moment Camera App
Apple really improved the camera in the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, and my photos have never looked better. But to really take advantage of the new camera, you need to download the free Moment Camera App, which uses gestures to better control light and focus so you can capture photos and videos that require less editing.
The Moment App does three things that are unique:
- The app introduces gestures to better control focus and light (exposure and temperature) when you’re shooting. These simple gestures are fast, easy to use and help to tighten the edges of your picture.
- A thumb reachable toolbar lets you quickly switch between photo and video mode, shooting features on/off. And in video mode, frame rate and resolution controls are just a click away.
- It also works with Moment’s attachable lenses to bring the best of a DSLR to your phone. The Moment Case features a physical shutter button with half-press and full-press functionality. Moment Lenses add wide, telephoto, and macro perspectives to your phone.
Additional features include timed shots, high quality TIFF, and easy framing guides.
Download Moment Camera App for FREE today and get snapping.