With E3 in full swing, we’re bound to hear lots of buzz about The Evil Within in the coming days and weeks. As you probably know by now, Shinji Mikami, the father of survival horror, is back to direct The Evil Within, a game embodying the meaning of pure survival horror. Highly-crafted environments, horrifying anxiety, and an intricate story weave together to create an immersive world that will bring players to the height of tension.
Just how terrifying is The Evil Within? Watch the actual playtest reactions of an unlucky few in the video above and judge for yourself!
The Evil Within is in development for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC and is slated to terrify players right in the thick of Halloween season, with an expected late October release date.
With your pre-order of the game, you’ll receive The Fighting Chance Pack, which includes:
- Medical Kit — A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
- Green Gel — Used to upgrade Sebastian’s attributes.
- Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells – A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it’s useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
- An Incendiary Agony Bolt — Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
- A Poison Agony Bolt — Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.
For more information on The Evil Within, visit the game’s official website and social media pages:
This post is sponsored by The Evil Within