Today, a new 2019 Corvette Driver Series special edition Grand Sport model of the Chevrolet Corvette was unveiled in collaboration with the Corvette Racing team. There are four versions of this hot Vette, each with unique graphics and exterior color options inspired by Corvette Racing drivers Tommy Milner, Oliver Gavin, Jan Magnussen, and Antonio Garcia.
“The Corvette Drivers Series celebrates Corvette Racing’s winning legacy, which is driven by a world-class team of drivers from around the globe,” said Steve Majoros, director of Chevrolet passenger car and crossover marketing. “Each driver worked with Chevrolet designers on the graphics for their respective edition, giving the cars distinctly personalized appearances.”
Offered on Grand Sport 1LT, 2LT and 3LT trims, the color and graphics packages for the vehicles include:
- Tommy Milner Edition: Elkhart Lake Blue exterior with silver stripes and red hash marks, body-color mirrors, black wheels with red stripe and red brake calipers. Jet Black Suede interior (leather seats on 1LT) with red seat belts.
- Oliver Gavin Edition: Shadow Gray exterior with Torch Red center stripe and Torch Red hash marks, Carbon Flash mirrors, black wheels with red stripe, red brake calipers. Adrenaline Red interior with red seat belts.
- Jan Magnussen Edition: Arctic White exterior with Crystal Red stripes and gray hash marks, body-color mirrors, black wheels with red stripe and red brake calipers. Jet Black interior with red seat belts; red stitching on 3LT trim.
- Antonio Garcia Edition: Racing Yellow exterior with “Jake” stinger stripe, red hash marks, Carbon Flash mirrors, black wheels with red stripe and red brake calipers. Jet Black interior; yellow stitching on 3LT trim.
Each of the editions receive a driver-specific interior plaque and unique trim details to go with the carbon fiber interior trim points. Customers can choose their 2019 Corvette Driver Series car by favorite driver or by the paint package that appeals to them the most.
All of the Driver Series Corvettes have the same 480-horsepower 6.2-liter V8 that powers the track cars, with a dry-sump oiling system.
Additional features of the Corvette Driver Series cars include:
- Wide fenders and rear quarter panels that accommodate large 19×10-inch front and 20×12-inch rear wheels wrapped with Michelin Pilot Super Sport run-flat summer-only tires.
- Functional brake ducts and enhanced cooling package.
- Brembo brake system with 14.6-inch (370 mm) rotors and six-piston calipers in front and 14.4-inch (365 mm) rotors and four-piston calipers in the rear.
- Magnetic ride control, specific stabilizer bars and unique springs.
- Electronic limited-slip differential.
- Five-position Driver Mode Selector that tailors 12 vehicle attributes to fit the driver’s environment.
- Available Z07 package adds larger carbon ceramic-matrix brake rotors and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 summer-only tires.
- Leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel.
- Front Curb View Camera on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Head-up display included on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Heated and ventilated leather-appointed seats on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Leather-wrapped interior with suede upper interior trim included on 3LT.
The Corvette Drivers Series packages have a $4,995 premium over the 1LT and 2LT trim points for the 2019 Corvette and a $5,995 premium over the 3LT trim.