Are you looking to grill up the perfect steakhouse steaks this weekend? We turned to Mastro’s Steakhouse New York Executive Chef for some tips on how we can prepare our own quality steaks at home. Because lets face it, if there’s anyone that knows how to make really good steaks, it’s these guys!
Follow these five simple steps, and you’re sure to have a delicious meal like no other:
- Don’t Skimp On The Beef: Size matters. Steaks that are 1-inch to 1 1/2-inch are best for grilling. A thin cut is likely to get dried out. Marbling is also key, because the fat throughout the steak gives it great flavor. At Mastro’s, theyuse only USDA Prime Aged Beef. If your butcher does not have this, the next best grade is Certified Black Angus Choice grade.
- Bring Steaks Out Of The Cold: 30 minutes prior, have your steaks at room temperature before hitting the hot grill.
- Get Your Grill Hot, Hot, Hot: Preheat your grill to 600° to 800° F and keep it at this temperature for 30 to 45 minutes before putting steaks on.
- Don’t Perform Surgery With A Serrated Knife: To see if steak is finished, press on it with the palm of your hand. It will feel spongy when rare, have some resistance when cooked to medium and be firm when well done.
Rare: Squeeze the pad at the base of your thumb. It should feel spongy and feel very little resistance.
Medium: Press on the middle of the palm of your outstretched hand. It should feel firm.
Well Done: Squeeze the base of your small finger. It should feel firm with no give.
- Let Your Meat REST: Give it a few minutes before cutting into it. This allows the juices that are driven toward the center of the steak to redistribute and reabsorb into the outer edges. As a result, less of those precious and flavorful juices will run out of the steak when you cut into it.
Here’s hoping that your steaks turn out restaurant quality!
NASA Looking For People To Live In Its Mars Simulator For A Year
Krispy Kreme Partners With Hershey’s For New ‘Chocomania’ Collection
Corazón Tequila’s New Collection Includes Añejos Aged In Buffalo Trace Barrels
All-Electric Chrysler Halcyon Concept Is A Futuristic Stunner!
Introducing The New 2025 Aston Martin Vantage
Thong Battle: 01/30/24 – 02/06/24
Rack Attack: 01/29/24 – 02/05/24
Thong Battle: 02/06/24 – 02/13/24
Thong Battle: 02/13/24 – 02/20/24
Rack Attack: 02/05/24 – 02/12/24
Watch The Fast And Furious Trailer For ‘Hobbs & Shaw’
A Dance-Off For The Ages Broke Out At Monday Night’s 76ers Game
Netflix Drops ‘Black Mirror: Bandersnatch’ Trailer Ahead Of Release Tomorrow
Former NASA Engineer Gets Revenge On Package Thief With Glitter Bomb
Hang Glider Holds On For Dear Life After Realizing He’s Not Strapped In
- Death Grip Syndrome Is A Real Thing, And Here’s How To Treat It on
- On The Hunt For Plantation Brownies on
- Pizza Hut’s Triple Treat Box Delivers Pizza, Breadsticks & Cinnabon Mini Rolls on
- 20 Hilarious Photos Of The Elf On The Shelf Being Very Naughty on
- McDonald’s Has Added Two New Big Mac Variants To Its Menu on