Chevrolet today introduced the 2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition – a road-going, track-capable homage to the Corvette Racing C7.R racecars. It’s offered in Corvette Racing’s signature yellow livery – or black – with coordinated exterior and interior accents.
Only 500 examples of the C7.R Edition will be built and all will include the Z07 Performance Package with carbon ceramic brakes, as well as a specially serialized vehicle identification number. They go on sale later this year.
“Corvette Racing’s legacy and technology were significant influences on the development of the Corvette Z06 and the new C7.R Edition honors the direct link between the racecar and the production model,” said Harlan Charles, Corvette product and marketing manager. “It also advances Chevrolet’s plan to offer special-edition models that offer a unique, personal ownership experiences, which become important parts of Corvette’s legacy.”
Here is a complete list of content and unique features for the 2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition:
- Offered on coupe and convertible models with 3LZ trim
- Available in Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat (new for 2016) or Black exterior colors
- C7.R Edition graphics package
- Z07 Performance Package with Brembo carbon ceramic brakes and Michelin PS Cup 2 tires
- Yellow brake calipers
- Black wheels with yellow accent strip and Corvette Racing-logo center caps
- Visible carbon fiber ground effects package
- New visible carbon fiber hood section
- Grilles and vents finished in Spectra Gray Metallic
- Jet Black leather interior with sueded microfiber accents on the instrument panel and doors
- Sueded microfiber-trimmed Competition Sport Seat, steering wheel and shifter
- Yellow contrast stitching throughout the interior
- Carbon fiber interior trim package (high-gloss)
- Corvette Racing sill plates
- Numbered C7.R Edition interior plaque showing the build number, starting with VIN 700001
- Special indoor car cover with C7.R graphics.
The Z07 Performance Package includes Brembo carbon ceramic-matrix brake rotors that improve braking performance and contribute to greater handling through reduced un-sprung weight. The Z07 package also includes adjustable front and rear aero components for unprecedented aerodynamic downforce and Michelin Pilot Super Sport Cup 2 tires for enhanced grip.
“The Z07 Performance Package enhances overall performance to make the Corvette Z06 one of the most track-capable cars you can buy off the dealership floor and still drive it to work every day,” said Charles.
“Combined with the 650-horsepower supercharged LT4 engine, true aerodynamic downforce and performance technologies such as Magnetic Ride Control, Performance Traction Management and an electronic limited slip differential, the Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition offers capability matched only by an elite fraternity of the world’s supercars and special-edition exclusivity that is sure to make it an instant collector’s item.”
The 2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition sounds like an absolute beast, and if you see one of these pull up at your local track day, you’d better watch out!