My girlfriend decided to “help” by cleaning the bathroom last night. But rather than throw the used paper towels in the garbage like a normal person, she decided to flush them down the toilet because they were icky.
Yep, you guessed it. The toilet clogged!
Thankfully, it wasn’t your typical toilet overflowing with poop going everywhere type clog. It was just a slow flush with the water rising dangerously close, before going back down. But knowing that there was indeed a problem, it needed to be addressed before it became a bigger issue.
I started off with the plunger, but that wasn’t working. Thinking my crappy plunger was at fault, I made my g/f ask to borrow our neighbor’s plunger. We were able to get more suction with the borrowed plunger, but still couldn’t get the toilet unclogged.
People suggested using a wire hanger, being careful not to scratch the porcelain in the process. That didn’t help either. The wire hanger was too rigid, and I couldn’t get it past the first bend.
I decided to visit Home Depot this morning to pick up a closet auger, as most professionals said that’s your best bet (short of removing your toilet and getting to the clog that way). But on the way there, I remembered that my folks had a heavy-duty wet/dry shop vac at their house. I had seen a suggestion online last night that suggested using a shop vac to suck out the obstruction. It was worth a shot, I could always get the auger if this didn’t work.
Here’s how you unclog a toilet using a shop vac:
- Empty the water out of the bowl using the vacuum.
- Place the end of the hose a few inches into the drain. Use just the flexible hose; no attachments. Use old towels to create a seal around the drain.
- Turn on the vacuum and push pressure on the towels to create a good seal. There’s a good chance the vacuum can suck out the clog.
Within two seconds of turning on the vaccum, I heard something get sucked in. I turn off the shop vac, open up the canister, and there are the offending paper towels! I flushed the toilet, and everything was as good as new!
Hope this helps!
Bad News James Bond Fans, ‘No Time To Die’ Has Been Delayed Once Again
Samsung Galaxy S21 and Galaxy S21+ Make Their World Debut
Alpha ACE Coupe Performance Edition Is An Electric Hot Hatch Built For Fun
How To Get In Shape This New Year, Even If You’re Stuck In Quarantine
ColdSnap Whips Up Soft-Serve Ice Cream Using Keurig-Like Pods
Thong Battle: 12/29/20 – 01/05/21
Thong Battle: 01/05/21 – 01/12/21
Thong Battle: 01/12/21 – 01/19/21
Thong Battle: 01/19/21 – 01/26/21
Playboy Model Tahlia Paris Kicked Off Of Bumble For Being ‘Too Hot’
Watch The Fast And Furious Trailer For ‘Hobbs & Shaw’
A Dance-Off For The Ages Broke Out At Monday Night’s 76ers Game
Netflix Drops ‘Black Mirror: Bandersnatch’ Trailer Ahead Of Release Tomorrow
Former NASA Engineer Gets Revenge On Package Thief With Glitter Bomb
Hang Glider Holds On For Dear Life After Realizing He’s Not Strapped In
- Playboy Model Tahlia Paris Kicked Off Of Bumble For Being ‘Too Hot’ on
- The Most Important Things You Need To Inspect Before Buying A Used Car on
- Thong Battle: 01/12/21 – 01/19/21 on
- Netflix Is Releasing Season 3 Of ‘Cobra Kai’ On New Year’s Day! on
- Holy Hell, P.F. Chang’s New Korean Bulgogi Steak Is Freaking Delicious! on