Ever see that guy in the bar who effortlessly chats up gorgeous women all night long? The one who’s the life of the party? That’s me! I’m not trying to brag, but I do pretty damn well with the ladies. I wasn’t always like this, so what changed?
Unfortunately, I’m not rich, and I’m guessing you’re not either. While I’m a decent looking guy, I’m no Abercrombie model. So how does this “Average Joe” get his fair share of 8s and 9s?
It’s all about confidence! Ever see that stupid show on VH1 called The Pick-up Artist? In it, this Master Pick-Up Artist (PUA) trained eight “lonely, socially inept” men in an eight week bootcamp, to compete for the title of “Master Pick-Up Artist”.
He used ridiculous methods like “peacocking” (dressing to stand out, or having an item of clothing or an accessory that looks interesting, allowing the girl to comment on it if she is interested in starting a conversation), “cat-string theory” (keeping a woman engaged just enough to hold her attention), and the “neg” (a backhanded compliment that keeps a woman off balance). It was total insanity, but these guys were picking up women with ease.
Over the course of their “transformation”, they became more comfortable talking to the opposite sex. And at the end of the day, that’s the secret!
Here’s a typical night out for me:
- I pick out an outfit for the night. Women notice everything, so iron your clothes, shine your shoes, and make sure you smell good. (But don’t go overboard with the cologne!)
- There’s nothing wrong with peacocking as long as you keep it subtle. (No pink boas!) I rock a massive 54mm watch, and it’s an instant conversation starter.
- I make myself approachable. Relax, smile (but not like a serial killer), and just have a good time. My most eventful nights have been when I went out with no expectations!
- Stand up tall and square your shoulders. Walk with confidence. The secret is in showcasing your masculinity. (And no, that doesn’t mean adjusting yourself)
- Watch for visual cues. If the cutie across the bar keeps looking my way, I’ll go over and introduce myself. No cheesy lines, just be genuine.
I’m not going to lie, it’s not easy if you’re a shy person. But keep at it, and soon it’ll become second nature to you. Men make it more complicated than it needs to be.
Just put yourself out there – What’s the worst that can happen?
If you can go up and talk to a woman without stuttering, sweating, or smiling like a psycho, you’ve won half the battle. Now just enjoy the ride, and see where the night takes you.