It’s official! The 2013 Subaru BRZ will start at $25,495 (for the Premium model with a 6-speed manual transmission). The 6-speed automatic costs an additional $1100. Premium models come standard with touch-screen GPS Navigation, Bluetooth connectivity, and HIDs.
Limited models add Alcantara seat inserts with leather bolsters, heated seats and mirrors, dual-zone automatic climate control, fog lights, Keyless Access & Start, and a body-color decklid spoiler. Limited models start at $27,495.
We’re surprised that Subaru isn’t offering a base model BRZ, but we’re guessing that Toyota and Subaru are being careful not to step on each other’s toes. If you want a low-cost track car, get the Toyota GT 86. And if you want luxury features, get the Subaru BRZ. You can check out all the details below:
At-A-Glance 2013 Subaru BRZ
- All-new Subaru-developed vehicle-specific platform.
- New 2.0-liter Subaru Boxer engine features “square” configuration (bore and stroke dimensions identical) for high-revving performance; double overhead camshafts and dual Active Valve Control System (DAVCS); fuel injection system combines direct injection and port injection technologies; very high compression ratio; high specific engine output: 100 hp/liter.
- Choice of 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions; optional automatic has steering wheel paddle shifters, Sport mode, winter mode and downshift blipping control.
- Torsen® limited-slip differential.
- Double-wishbone rear suspension.
- Electric power steering.
- 4-wheel vented disc brakes.
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and traction control system (TCS) with 5 modes, including Sport mode and TCS Off for track driving.
- 17 x 7-in. aluminum alloy wheels with 215/45 R17 summer performance tires.
- Aluminum hood.
Key Facts / Design and Amenities
- Premium and Limited trim lines.
- 2+2 seating with enough trunk and interior room to transport four tires and tools for track driving.
- Standard navigation system with voice control and comprehensive infotainment capabilities (see standard equipment).
Key Safety Features
- Ring Shaped Frame Reinforcement body structure provides outstanding occupant protection.
- 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions, front seatbelt pretensioners and force limiters.
- Subaru Advanced Frontal Airbag System; dual-stage deployment driver and front passenger airbags; front seat side pelvis/torso air bags and side-curtain air bags (SRS).
- 4-channel/4-sensor Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist and Brake Override system.
- Safety pedal system.
- Whiplash protection front seats.
Standard Features, BRZ Premium
- 12v power outlets: one in glove box and one in center console
- 24-hour roadside assistance for vehicle limited warranty period
- 3-spoke leather-wrapped tilt and telescoping steering wheel with red stitching.
- Fold-down rear seatback
- Aluminum-alloy pedal covers (including driver’s footrest)
- Auto on/off High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights, low and high beam
- Touch-screen GPS navigation system with:
- 6.1-inch LCD screen
- AM/FM stereo with HD radio
- Single-disc in-dash CD player
- 196-watt amplifier
- 8 speakers
- MP3/WMA capability
- Voice activated controls
- Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity
- Bluetooth audio streaming connectivity
- iPod® control capability
- iTunes® tagging capability
- USB port
- XM® Satellite Radio (subscription required)
- XM NavTraffic (subscription required)
- SMS text messaging capability
- 3.5mm auxiliary audio input jack
- Manual climate control system with cabin air filtration
- Carpeted floor mats
- Chrome interior door handles
- Cruise control
- Cup holders integrated into door panels and two in center console
- Digital clock
- Digital dual-mode trip odometer
- Digital outside temperature gauge
- Dome light with off-delay
- Driver’s footrest
- Sport design instrument panel gauges: Speedometer, tachometer, digital speedometer integrated within tachometer, coolant temperature gauge, fuel gauge
- Height-adjustable driver’s seat
- Illuminated ignition switch ring
- Dual visor vanity mirrors
- Leather-wrapped shift handle and parking brake handle
- Multi function display with current and average fuel economy
- Performance-design front seats with height-adjustable head restraints
- Power door locks
- Power side mirrors
- Power windows with driver’s and passenger’s auto up/down with pinch protection
- Rear window defroster with timer
- Remote fuel door release
- Remote keyless entry system with engine immobilizer system
- Seatback pocket on front passenger seat
- Variable intermittent windshield wipers
BRZ Limited adds:
- Alcantara seat inserts with leather bolsters All-Weather Package (dual-mode heated front seats, heated exterior mirrors)
- Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors
- Dual-zone automatic climate control system
- Fog lights
- Front door courtesy lights
- Keyless Access and Start with illuminated engine start/stop button
- Rear trunk spoiler (body color)
- Security system
Optional for Premium and Limited: 6-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode, downshift blipping control, steering wheel paddle shift control switches, sport shift mode and snow shift mode.