Thanksgiving Eve has become a holiday of its own. Just about everybody has off of work, and even if you go to school 5 hours away, you’re still coming home to enjoy mom’s famous cheesy garlic mashed potatoes. With no consequences of coming to Thanksgiving dinner hung over, we have the privilege of going out and getting wild. Who cares if we miss the parade!
I want you to have the best Thanksgiving Eve possible, so I figured that I would throw some ideas for some ways that you can enjoy your Thanksgiving Eve to the fullest because you want to relish this opportunity.
- Go To A Dive Bar – So you might deal with one too many hipsters, but at least you know you are going to a place where you aren’t going to be recognized. Invite a group of close friends who you don’t see all of the time and go have some fun. If you are a college kid, get all of your closest high school buddies and gals and drink, dance and talk about your semester. Most likely you are so burnt out from a stressful semester that you could use some reminiscing about that time your friend peed on your other friends luggage or that time your friend tried to unclog the toilet with parmesan cheese while he was piss drunk. I even have a little tip to make the night a little more fun if you’re into it. Invite your parents for a bit, have all of your friends invite their folks, and get rowdy. Hell, they might even buy you beers and bourbon shots because they haven’t seen their baby in a while. The best part is that they won’t stay there all night, most likely mom has to wake up at 7am and prep the turkey. Once the folks leave then you definitely know the pace of the night will change, most likely for the better. 🙂
- Throw A Party – So maybe you can do a combo of the first and second places to have a hell of a Thanksgiving Eve. Go to the bars for a bit then go to a friends house where you know you don’t have to spend an arm and a leg all night. Plus this is great if you have kids. They will all hang out, play a ton of Xbox or board games and us guys can hang upstairs drink some booze and smoke some cigars. Your ladies can gossip together, and we can talk about whether or not we think Derrick Rose will ever be the same after his second surgery. You can’t lose with this one because you’re in a safe environment. You can play drinking games like Beer Pong or even have a bonfire out back. You won’t have anyone vomiting or grabbing your girl’s ass at the bar. A win-win.
- Go To A Popular Hometown Bar – Now this Thanksgiving Eve, I will not be attending a popular bar. I’m opting for the first choice, but going to a hometown bar can actually be lots of fun. If you’re a college student coming home, you know you are going to see a bevy of kids from your high school. This gives you the opportunity to swap stories with people who are just basically Facebook friends. Mostly college students choose this option to see what ever happened to that hot cheerleader that got pregnant or that class clown who would always just shout ‘Penis!’ during your world cultures class. Its a blast from the past and some hate it and others love it but its definitely an option for your Thanksgiving Eve.
- Casino – I am definitely one who isn’t afraid to put money on 18 red on the roulette wheel. The casino is definitely a great option for Thanksgiving Eve, especially if you don’t have big Thanksgiving plans at home, or maybe you don’t go to one at all. Though the casinos are going to be packed and you might spend an arm and a leg on the hotel, you know you are going to have a blast. You get a couple of your boys and you just drink for free all night. You might even score some serious cash.
- Stay Home – This option you might think is pretty lame, why wouldn’t you go out? Staying in allows you to plan your perfect night. Whether you are ordering Chinese with your wife/girlfriend and catching up on your favorite TV shows like Scandal and Boardwalk Empire or hanging with your parents/family most likely drinking for free. You might want the break. You might want a night to relax, because you don’t work tomorrow. It’s your night, you decide.
I hope that everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving and hopefully an even better Thanksgiving’s Eve, the only eve where you pretty much have free range of your entire night. And just as a common sense note, drink responsibly and always have a designated driver. Someone will always step up, be smart and safe. Cheers!