The Academy Awards were THE red carpet event of the year, and this year’s men stepped up their style for the big night. Celebrity groomer Diana Schmidtke styled Leading Actor Nominee Michael Keaton, and she shares the inside scoop on his look.
She also weighs in on the looks of other men in the category, including Bradley Cooper, Eddie Redmayne, and Benedict Cumberbatch. See below for her take on how to recreate their looks!
- Start with American Crew Boost Powder on dry hair, working it through the roots to give hair lift and thickness.
- Apply a nickel-size amount of American Crew Fiber. Warm it up in your hands and apply to hair from front to back and back to front for even application. This step will thicken, texturize and increase the fullness of the hair.
- Finish with a light mist of hairspray such as R+CO to lock in the look.
Products: American Crew Boost Power, American Crew Fiber, R+CO Hairspray
“Bradley has longer hair right now, so for a longer-haired red carpet look it’s always a great idea to push your hair back and away from your face. The red carpet is all about stepping it up and putting your best foot forward!”
- Start with clean, shampooed hair. While your hair is damp take a quarter-size amount of American Crew Firm Hold Styling Gel and distribute evenly.
- Lightly comb hair from back to front, keeping volume on top, but the sides slicked back.
Products: American Crew Firm Hold Styling Gel
“Eddie has gorgeous naturally wavy and thick hair. He looks great and is a perfect example of how to work with your natural curly hair and texture.”
- Start with fresh clean hair by shampooing with American Crew Daily Shampoo.
- To feature your natural texture, let hair naturally air dry.
- Once hair is completely dry, use a dime-size amount of American Crew Liquid Wax. Rub it between your fingertips and your palms, and once it is evenly distributed apply it from front to back, back to front. American Crew Liquid Wax helps define your curls, and has the perfect amount of hold to them in place all night.
Products: American Crew Daily Shampoo, Liquid Wax
“Benedict went with a very classic and groomed look. It’s perfect. I like that the part is not obvious, but gentle and looks like he just ran his hands through his hair. This is a different look for him and he nailed it!”
- On wet hair, apply American Crew Firm Hold Styling Gel for ultimate hold and shine.
- To straighten, blow dry by flat wrapping hair using a denman brush, blow-drying hair from left to right, right to left.
- Once the hair is dry, if texture still exists, use a flat iron and take random sections to smooth out all hair.
- Apply a quarter-size amount of American Crew Pomade, warming it up in your hands and applying it to hair from front to back. American Crew Pomade will allow you to create a high shine look paired with American Crew Firm Hold Styling Gel’s long-lasting power.
Products: American Crew Firm Hold Styling Gel, American Crew Pomade
So there you have it. If you want hair like any of these leading men, take Diana’s advice and let us know how it turns out!
Wendy’s Is Giving Out Free Cinnabon Pull-Aparts On Leap Day!
2025 McLaren Artura Spider Drops Its Top, Adds Even More Power
2024 Ford Mustang Can Now Be Ordered With Factory Matte Finish
NASA Looking For People To Live In Its Mars Simulator For A Year
Krispy Kreme Partners With Hershey’s For New ‘Chocomania’ Collection
Thong Battle: 02/06/24 – 02/13/24
Thong Battle: 02/13/24 – 02/20/24
Rack Attack: 02/05/24 – 02/12/24
Rack Attack: 02/12/24 – 02/19/24
Rack Attack: 02/19/24 – 02/26/24
Watch The Fast And Furious Trailer For ‘Hobbs & Shaw’
A Dance-Off For The Ages Broke Out At Monday Night’s 76ers Game
Netflix Drops ‘Black Mirror: Bandersnatch’ Trailer Ahead Of Release Tomorrow
Former NASA Engineer Gets Revenge On Package Thief With Glitter Bomb
Hang Glider Holds On For Dear Life After Realizing He’s Not Strapped In
- Death Grip Syndrome Is A Real Thing, And Here’s How To Treat It on
- On The Hunt For Plantation Brownies on
- Pizza Hut’s Triple Treat Box Delivers Pizza, Breadsticks & Cinnabon Mini Rolls on
- 20 Hilarious Photos Of The Elf On The Shelf Being Very Naughty on
- McDonald’s Has Added Two New Big Mac Variants To Its Menu on