DJI is the undisputed leader in the civilian drone space, but they’re not content to rest on their laurels, recently introducing the new DJI Air 2S, which sets a new benchmark for high-grade flight performance and incredible imagery, offering robust flight performance, state-of-the-art camera upgrades and high-grade preprogrammed content creation tools.
According to DJI, the Air 2S is the first drone of its size to capture 20MP still images or video in 5.4K with a new one-inch CMOS sensor that was previously available only on larger, less agile drones. The Air 2S’s imaging capabilities now rival DJI’s most sophisticated prosumer flyers. In addition to higher resolution video, the new sensor also supports many advanced imaging features, including 10-bit color and RAW format photos, as well as several proprietary capture modes, such as Intelligent HDR, Hyperlapse, and Panorama.
The one-inch sensor is larger than the sensor on the original Mavic Air 2 and offers a larger pixel size of 2.4μm, capturing more information and detail for better photos and videos. Get closer to the subject without moving the drone using a new digital zoom that supports 4X zoom at 4K 30fps, 6X at 2.7K 30fps, 4X at 2.7K 60fps, 6X at 1080P 60fps and 8X at 1080P 30fps. DJI’s renowned three-axis mechanical gimbal smooths out footage for professional-level quality and 8 GB of internal storage have been added.
In addition to your standard photo options like Timed Photo, AEB and Panoramas, DJI Air 2S’s SmartPhoto mode records 20MP photos using advanced scene analysis and deep learning to automatically choose the best of three options that will create the most visually appealing image for you, including HDR, Hyperlight and Scene Recognition. HDR modes merge several images together for a vibrant scene while Hyperlight is designed for low-light scenarios and Scene Recognition can identify several common settings and apply camera adjustments to capture photos that pop.
DJI Air 2S’s 31 minutes of maximum flight time and four-way directional obstacle sensors let the pilot focus on the shot while the drone’s safety systems warn when obstacles are getting close. APAS 4.0 is the most advanced autopilot system on any DJI drone and when turned on, seamlessly maneuvers around objects autonomously.
OcuSync 3.0 brings the most reliable transmission technology in the drone market to the Air 2S so customers know their connection is stable, with a range of up to 7.5 miles. The upgraded FocusTrack mode includes a suite of programmed modes like Spotlight 2.0, ActiveTrack 4.0 and Point of Interest 3.0 that easily mimic the focus, control and movement of a professional video operator.
Pre-Programmed Modes for Pro-Level Footage
The DJI Air 2S has the most programmed flight modes and image capture modes of any DJI drone of its size. These creative options include:
- MasterShots: Professional-level aerial footage has never been easier. After activating MasterShots, the drone will autonomously plan a flight path, choose from three different image capture modes, including Proximity, Portrait or Landscape, and start recording classic aerial footage. Pilots can choose different themes and the DJI Fly app will generate a unique video that’s ready to be shared with the world.
- FocusTrack: Focus on the scene and let DJI Air 2S do the hard work for you. Select your subject by drawing a square around it on your mobile device, then choose from Point of Interest 3.0, an autonomous flight path around the subject; ActiveTrack 4.0, a tool that seamlessly tracks the subject and keeps it in the frame; or Spotlight 2.0, where the drone movement is controlled by the pilot while it locks the subject into the frame.
- QuickShots: A staple DJI feature, QuickShot modes include Rocket, Circle, Dronie, Helix, Boomerang and Asteroid.
- Hyperlapse: See the world sped up from the air and in motion with the Hyperlapse option in resolution up to 4K. Content captured in 4K resolution and lower can apply digital stabilization for an added layer of smoothness.
There’s probably even more that we’re leaving out, but needless to say, the DJI Air 2S improves on the already impressive Mavic Air 2 in pretty much every way. If you have been on the fence about getting a drone, the Air 2S might just push you over the edge.
You can order the DJI Air 2S today from store.dji.com and from authorized retail partners in several configurations. The standard combo retails for $999 and includes the drone, remote controller, one battery and all the cables and parts needed to get into the air. The Fly More Combo retails for $1,299 includes everything from the standard combo with the addition of 2 batteries for a total of 3, ND filters, a charging hub and a shoulder bag.
What do you think of the all-new DJI Air 2S?
NASA Looking For People To Live In Its Mars Simulator For A Year
Krispy Kreme Partners With Hershey’s For New ‘Chocomania’ Collection
Corazón Tequila’s New Collection Includes Añejos Aged In Buffalo Trace Barrels
All-Electric Chrysler Halcyon Concept Is A Futuristic Stunner!
Introducing The New 2025 Aston Martin Vantage
Thong Battle: 01/30/24 – 02/06/24
Rack Attack: 01/29/24 – 02/05/24
Thong Battle: 02/06/24 – 02/13/24
Rack Attack: 02/05/24 – 02/12/24
Thong Battle: 02/13/24 – 02/20/24
Watch The Fast And Furious Trailer For ‘Hobbs & Shaw’
A Dance-Off For The Ages Broke Out At Monday Night’s 76ers Game
Netflix Drops ‘Black Mirror: Bandersnatch’ Trailer Ahead Of Release Tomorrow
Former NASA Engineer Gets Revenge On Package Thief With Glitter Bomb
Hang Glider Holds On For Dear Life After Realizing He’s Not Strapped In
- Death Grip Syndrome Is A Real Thing, And Here’s How To Treat It on
- On The Hunt For Plantation Brownies on
- Pizza Hut’s Triple Treat Box Delivers Pizza, Breadsticks & Cinnabon Mini Rolls on
- 20 Hilarious Photos Of The Elf On The Shelf Being Very Naughty on
- McDonald’s Has Added Two New Big Mac Variants To Its Menu on