Did you catch the 30-second Super Bowl commercial for the new Schick Hydro 5 razor yesterday? The spot was pretty dope, with a Transformers-like razor battle between a lube strip razor and the new Schick Hydro 5.
The Schick Hydro 5 razor uses patented technology to create a shaving experience that protects guys’ skin from shave irritation. Its improved design includes an upgraded Hydrating Gel Reservoir that delivers 40% less friction than a traditional lube strip and instantly lubricates the face with each stroke.
“Most guys we talked to really just wanted a razor that could better protect them from daily shave irritation and offer them a more comfortable shave,” said Anastasia Tobias, Schick Hydro Senior Brand Manager. “So our team worked hard to create and apply smart innovation to redesign some of our razor’s best features such as the hydrating gel reservoirs, skin guards and even the color, to give guys a better razor designed with them and their various shaving and skincare needs in mind.”
Using patented technology, the new Schick Hydro 5 cartridge offers improved features, including:
- Improved Hydrating Gel Reservoir: Schick Hydro 5 delivers 40% less friction, reaching 80% greater surface area throughout your shave and hydrating skin up to one hour after you shave. Now featuring a wider gel dispenser, Schick Hydro 5 uses proprietary ingredients to pack advanced lubrication – with aloe vera and vitamin E – into the Hydrating Gel Reservoir that sets it apart from the traditional lubricating strips found on most razors today.
- Wider Guard Bar: Schick Hydro 5 redesigned the guard bar at the base of the cartridge to make it wider, to help better stretch the skin, providing a smooth shave with each stroke.
- Reduced Blade Span: The five Ultra Glide Blades have been moved closer together, minimizing skin bulge between each blade to better protect against shaving nicks and cuts.
- Bold New Color: Schick Hydro 5 brings back the same ergonomic handle with a comfortable grip and balanced feel – now with a sleeker, bolder look.
- Same Signature Flip Trimmer: Some things are too good to change, so the Schick Hydro 5 continues to feature the signature Flip Trimmer, which offers a unique design for those hard-to-reach places – just flip the top back to let all five blades touch the skin compared to a single edging blade on most razors.
We had a chance to try out the new Schick Hydro 5 razor, and it definitely delivers on all fronts. So if you are looking to upgrade your shaving experience, be sure to pick up the new Schick Hydro 5 today.