Throughout the summer, Knob Creek and Celebrity Chef Michael Symon have been showing us how to step up our grilling skills through a series of web videos. The last video we posted had Chef Symon talking about meat selection, and in his latest video, he focuses on meat preparation, showing us how to prep and grill a Skirt Steak with a Balsamic, Cherry & Knob Creek Bourbon Steak Sauce.
Think you’re ready to tackle this dish on your own? Here’s Chef Michael Symon’s recipe, have at it.
Grilled Skirt Steak with a Balsamic, Cherry & Knob Creek Bourbon Steak Sauce
Recipe Serves 4
- 4 to 6 oz. Skirt Steaks
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Arugula to Garnish
- Let the steak come to room temperature by removing them from the fridge a half an hour to an hour prior to cooking
- Season steaks liberally with oil, salt & pepper and set aside
- Place steaks on grill and cook to desired level
- Slice against the grain and top with steak sauce and arugula
Balsamic, Cherry & Knob Creek Bourbon Steak Sauce:
- 4 oz. Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 4 oz. of Knob Creek Bourbon
- ½ Cup Dried Cherries
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a non-reactive pan add balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Knob Creek® Bourbon, dried cherries and a pinch of salt.
- Reduce by half over high heat.
- Remove from heat, and let chill to serve on steak.
Let us know how it turned out for you!