One of the first things I noticed at the Ford booth at SEMA this year was a bright red Mustang with a number of RTR styling cues, most notably that signature grille of theirs.
Seeing as how Ford’s booth housed a number of Mustangs from various builders, I didn’t give it much thought at first glance. But I later came to find out that this was the Ford Series 1 Mustang RTR, and that it was going to be sold to the public!
That right, world champion drifter Vaughn Gittin Jr. and his RTR team collaborated with Ford Performance to put out a limited-edition Mustang that embodies the flavor of Gittin Jr’s drift car, though most of the changes are purely aesthetic.
“Our goal was to take the driving and owner experience of the iconic Ford Mustang to the next level,” said Gittin, President and Chief Fun-Haver of RTR Vehicles. “This collaboration has created a Mustang that offers smile-inducing street driving, diverse capability on the track and a very distinctive owner experience for those looking to stand out from the crowd.”
Mission accomplished Vaughn.. The Series 1 Mustang RTR features RTR’s signature modern and aggressive styling. The Ford Performance suspension has adjustable sway bars that can change the chassis balance for either passive or MagneRide™ suspensions to suit twisty backroad driving, laying down lap times, drifting or blasting down a drag strip.
Other unique content includes:
- Staggered wheel and tire package – 19 x 9.5-inch front and 19 x 10-inch rear
- Performance Pack 1 spoiler with RTR Gurney flap
- RTR grill with lighting, body and aerodynamics packages, and graphics
- RTR fender badges, floor mats, shift knob and puddle lamps for even more custom touches
- RTR Powered by Ford Performance deck lid trim panel badging and radiator cover badge
- Serialized dash plaque, illuminated RTR Powered by Ford Performance sill plates and certificate of authenticity
The Series 1 package is slated to arrive in select Ford dealerships in early 2019, and it can be installed on any Mustang EcoBoost Performance Package 1 or Mustang GT Performance Package 1 model (meaning you still get a factory warranty).
But don’t wait too long to decide, as only 500 examples of the Series 1 Mustang RTR will be built. Pricing hasn’t been announced yet, but we’ll keep you posted.
What do you think of the Ford Series 1 Mustang RTR?
How Cool Is This Retro Smooth Operator Payphone Charger?
Netflix Is Releasing Season 3 Of ‘Cobra Kai’ On New Year’s Day!
AddArmor Ferrari 458 Speciale Can Stop A Bullet, And Goes Like One Too
Ring In The New Year At Richard Branson’s Stunning Moroccan Retreat
Cheers To The Holidays With These Festive Captain Morgan Cocktails
Thong Battle: 12/22/20 – 12/29/20
Thong Battle: 12/29/20 – 01/05/21
Thong Battle: 01/05/21 – 01/12/21
Look Like A Futuristic Robot While Staying Protected With Blanc’s Full-Face Mask
Thong Battle: 01/12/21 – 01/19/21
Watch The Fast And Furious Trailer For ‘Hobbs & Shaw’
A Dance-Off For The Ages Broke Out At Monday Night’s 76ers Game
Netflix Drops ‘Black Mirror: Bandersnatch’ Trailer Ahead Of Release Tomorrow
Former NASA Engineer Gets Revenge On Package Thief With Glitter Bomb
Hang Glider Holds On For Dear Life After Realizing He’s Not Strapped In
- Netflix Is Releasing Season 3 Of ‘Cobra Kai’ On New Year’s Day! on
- Holy Hell, P.F. Chang’s New Korean Bulgogi Steak Is Freaking Delicious! on
- On The Hunt For Plantation Brownies on
- Your iPhone Can Recognize Any Song With Just The Tap Of A Button on
- Look Like A Futuristic Robot While Staying Protected With Blanc’s Full-Face Mask on