Making Your Bachelor Pad More Female Friendly
Getting serious with your lady friend? If you’re considering whether to ask her to move in, or whether you’d just like to encourage her to spend more time at your place, here are a few tips for making your bachelor pad more female friendly!
As complicated as women can be, their demands are not so outrageous when it comes to the interior of your home. It’s simple – girls like things to be clean, tidy, and to smell nice. Below is a room-by-room guide to getting your home to not only to make a good first impression with the ladies, but also to keep them interested.
- Get ultra-soft and plush towels (and lots of them!) and bath rugs in bright, fresh colors.
- Use a shower curtain that has a bold, geometric print for the most modern and masculine look. For a varied look, get towels and rugs that contrast your shower curtain (a cold, steel gray shower curtain would look best with bold, red or orange towels and rugs).
- Place several large candles around your bathroom in the same colors as your towels and rugs.
- Girls love and appreciate storage. If you only have under-the-sink storage, try using large wicker baskets so she can organize her things. If you have a stand-alone sink, get a standing tower storage cabinet for her.
- Pro tip: Get a good hair dryer. Trust me, it’s a simple trick but is very much appreciated when staying over at a guy’s house. Keep a good stock of her favorite shower gels, shampoos and conditioners – just because you may not use conditioner it doesn’t mean she will choose to live without it! If you really want to earn bonus points, get a selection of hand creams and make-up removers.
- Soft lighting is a big must, whether you achieve this with lamps or candles is up to you.
- Have some reading material lying around – books or magazines can be great conversation starters.
- Choose a dark, solid color for your couch, like a dark gray, brown, or black. Then add some color by choosing contrasting, bright throw pillows, rugs, and curtains.
- Music – make a collection of play-lists to suit every occasion.
- Store your computer games out of sight – if you’re in denial about growing up, at least have the decency to hide it. And while you’re at it, organize your movies and entertainment area.
- Clean, clean, clean! Don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink or piled up on the kitchen table. You may not be a master chef but she doesn’t need to know that. There’s something very sexy about a man cooking you a romantic meal, so invest in a few healthy cookbooks and start practicing. One way to take the edge off this, if it seems like a chore, is to consider kitchen utensils as kinds of gadgets – they can totally pass as ‘boys toys’!
- If there are items in your fridge growing new life it’s time to throw them out! Check the best before dates regularly and always keep a nice bottle of cold Prosecco on hand for those impromptu romantic moments.
- If you’re totally out of cabinet space, install a ceiling pot rack to hang all of your pots from.
- If your kitchen is small, paint the walls with a light and fresh color.
- Always keep fresh, bright dish-towels on hand.
Last but certainly not least, the all-important show down area! If you’re going to take heed of anything in this article, listen up now!
- Gentleman, I hate to have to tell you this, but dirty socks and underwear go in the laundry basket, not on the floor!
- Comfort is number one when snuggling up together to watch a good movie. Invest in a soft set of sheets (jersey sheets are the softest), and a bed spread with a masculine geometric print. You can brighten up dark a bead spread with brightly colored sheets and throw pillows.
- Adjust the lighting so it’s soft and welcoming – get an array of lamps instead of one main light or even try soft fairy lights around the window frame.
- Get some candles – nothing too potent. Try a fresh linen candle which smells amazing but isn’t at all girly – it really does make your whole room smell like freshly washed sheets!
- Be color conscious. Psychologists have found that the color of your room can have big effects on your mood and even your thoughts. Green is known to have a calming effect and will help you to relax after those long days at work.
Written by Alyssa Ennis, a blogger in the Seattle area. You can keep up with her on Twitter.
Leave a Reply
All-New 2023 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170 Delivers A Whopping 1,025HP
I Tried Wakesurfing For The Very First Time And It Was SO MUCH FUN!
B.J. Baldwin & Black Rifle Coffee Co. Team Up For ‘Recoil Reloaded: Sand & Sky’
Let’s Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day With This Traditional Corned Beef Recipe
Check Out The 2023 Jack Daniel’s Limited Edition Indian Chief Bobber Dark Horse
Rack Attack: 03/06/23 – 03/13/23
Thong Battle: 02/28/23 – 03/07/23
Thong Battle: 03/21/23 – 03/28/23
Thong Battle: 03/14/23 – 03/21/23
Thong Battle: 03/07/23 – 03/14/23
Watch The Fast And Furious Trailer For ‘Hobbs & Shaw’
A Dance-Off For The Ages Broke Out At Monday Night’s 76ers Game
Netflix Drops ‘Black Mirror: Bandersnatch’ Trailer Ahead Of Release Tomorrow
Former NASA Engineer Gets Revenge On Package Thief With Glitter Bomb
Hang Glider Holds On For Dear Life After Realizing He’s Not Strapped In
- Kia Really Knocked It Out Of The Park With Their All-New K5 Sedan on
- 5 Yellowstone Halloween Costumes That Are Sure To Be A Hit on
- Colored vs Black & White Tattoos: What You Need to Know on
- Death Grip Syndrome Is A Real Thing, And Here’s How To Treat It on
- Guys Gab Hottie Of The Week – Natasha Krasavina (Nata Lee) on
November 5, 2012 at 1:38 pm
I get it. Fresh. Fresh. What is fresh anyway?
November 5, 2012 at 1:49 pm
Pingback: Welcome Your Girlfriend In | Daily Bits Of Advice On Relationship Design