The Chevrolet Camaro 1LE performance package is returning for 2017, poised to set new benchmarks for attainable track performance. The package builds off the success of the previous-generation 1LE, offering increased handling and track performance.
In response to customer demand, Chevrolet will offer two distinct 1LE packages, for both V6 and V8 models, each visually distinguished with a satin black hood, specific wheels and more.
That’s right, for the first time, the 1LE package will be available on Camaro 1LT or 2LT coupes equipped with the 3.6L V6. Featuring more aggressive suspension tuning, standard Brembo brakes and Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, the LT 1LE delivers an estimated 0.97G in cornering grip. Available Recaro seats will keep you planted through the corners, and an available Performance Data Recorder will allow you to view and share your track experience.
The new 1LE package for Camaro 1SS models includes magnetic ride control, with a new FE4 suspension tuning and a new, segment-exclusive electronic limited slip differential (eLSD). Paired with massive Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, lateral acceleration will exceed 1G. Additional features available on the 1LE package include standard Recaro seats and a Performance Data Recorder (PDR), new to the Camaro lineup.
“The Camaro 1LE packages follow a recipe any track-day enthusiast will appreciate,” said Al Oppenheiser, Camaro chief engineer. “Start with a lightweight, stiff structure and then add higher levels of suspension stiffness and damping, more aggressive tires, higher downforce, more powerful brakes and more cooling.
“The result delivers better performance in all measures,” said Oppenheiser. “In our development tests, the V-6 Camaro 1LE delivers lap times comparable with the previous-gen V-8 model. The 2016 Camaro SS 1LE sets the new benchmark for the segment, lapping the Big Willow track at Willow Springs three seconds faster than the standard Camaro SS.”
Camaro LT 1LE
The Camaro LT 1LE was developed to be the most track-capable sports coupe in its price class. Highlights include:
- 3.6L V-6 rated at 335 horsepower and matched with the six-speed manual transmission
- FE3 suspension components from the Camaro SS, including dampers, rear cradle mounts, ball-jointed rear toe links and stabilizer bars
- Lightweight 20-inch forged aluminum wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1 245/40R20 front tires and 275/35R20 rear tires
- Brembo 4-piston front brake calipers
- Mechanical Limited-slip differential with 3.27 ratio
- Standard track-cooling package, with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers
- Suede steering wheel and shorter-throw shifter
- Standard dual mode exhaust system
- Camaro SS fuel system for higher-load cornering capability
- Satin black hood, front splitter and unique three-piece rear spoiler
- Unique high flow upper and lower grille with satin black accents
- Available Recaro seats and PDR video/data recording system.
“With a curb weight under 3,500 pounds, excellent front-to-rear weight balance and the precision of the FE3 suspension, the Camaro LT 1LE offers unmatched capability in its class,” said Oppenheiser. “As a result, it offers incredible performance for Camaro V-6 customers.”
Camaro SS 1LE
The 2017 Camaro SS 1LE introduces the new FE4 suspension to the Sixth Gen Camaro – a performance-oriented chassis system with specific tuning for the Magnetic Ride dampers, springs and stabilizer bars. Additional highlights include:
- 6.2L LT1 V-8 rated at 455 horsepower, and six-speed manual transmission (automatic transmission not available)
- Magnetic Ride Control
- Segment-exclusive electronic limited-slip differential with 3.73 ratio
- Unique forged aluminum wheels with 285/30ZR20 front tires and 305/30ZR20 rear tires
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires with a compound and construction developed exclusively for the Camaro – offering exceptional grip on the track
- Brembo brakes with new six-piston monobloc front red calipers – featuring the 1LE logo – and two-piece rotors. Measuring 14.6 inches (370mm) in diameter, the front rotors are 7 percent larger than Camaro SS
- Track-cooling package, with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers
- Suede steering wheel with shorter-throw shifter
- Dual mode exhaust system
- Recaro front seats with aggressive bolsters optimized for shifting and steering comfort
- Satin black hood, front mirrors and unique three-piece rear spoiler
- Satin Graphite front splitter and rear diffuser
- Available PDR video/data recording system.
The new 1LE packages are available in late 2016, on 2017 Camaro SS and LT V-6 coupes equipped with manual transmissions. Pricing and performance data will be announced at a later date.
The Pony wars are heating up once again.. Your move Mustang!
Samsung Galaxy S21 and Galaxy S21+ Make Their World Debut
Alpha ACE Coupe Performance Edition Is An Electric Hot Hatch Built For Fun
How To Get In Shape This New Year, Even If You’re Stuck In Quarantine
ColdSnap Whips Up Soft-Serve Ice Cream Using Keurig-Like Pods
Manta Aircraft Can Take Off Vertically Like A Helicopter, Land Like A Plane
Thong Battle: 12/29/20 – 01/05/21
Thong Battle: 01/05/21 – 01/12/21
Thong Battle: 01/12/21 – 01/19/21
Thong Battle: 01/19/21 – 01/26/21
Playboy Model Tahlia Paris Kicked Off Of Bumble For Being ‘Too Hot’
Watch The Fast And Furious Trailer For ‘Hobbs & Shaw’
A Dance-Off For The Ages Broke Out At Monday Night’s 76ers Game
Netflix Drops ‘Black Mirror: Bandersnatch’ Trailer Ahead Of Release Tomorrow
Former NASA Engineer Gets Revenge On Package Thief With Glitter Bomb
Hang Glider Holds On For Dear Life After Realizing He’s Not Strapped In
- Playboy Model Tahlia Paris Kicked Off Of Bumble For Being ‘Too Hot’ on
- The Most Important Things You Need To Inspect Before Buying A Used Car on
- Thong Battle: 01/12/21 – 01/19/21 on
- Netflix Is Releasing Season 3 Of ‘Cobra Kai’ On New Year’s Day! on
- Holy Hell, P.F. Chang’s New Korean Bulgogi Steak Is Freaking Delicious! on