A headline jumped out at me today that read “Warren Buffett, Tyra Banks, Steve Ballmer, and Jessica Alba join Arnold Schwarzenegger for ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Season 8”, and it stopped me in my tracks.
Why would a bunch of billionaires take time out of their busy lives to compete on a show like The Celebrity Apprentice, I wondered. It turns out that they’re just appearing on the show as advisors, which makes a lot more sense.
Instead, we get another season of D-listers, and it looks like they really scraped the bottom of the barrel this time around. The 16 contestants for the new season of The Celebrity Apprentice are:
- Laila Ali — the retired four-time boxing world champion and two-time hall of famer, TV host, author, health and wellness expert and daughter of boxing legend Muhammad Ali
- Brooke Burke-Charvet — actress, host, entrepreneur, fitness expert and CEO of ModernMom.com
- Eric Dickerson — Pro Football Hall of Fame running back who played for the Los Angeles Rams, Indianapolis Colts, Los Angeles Raiders and Atlanta Falcons
- Boy George — Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter, lead vocalist for the pop band Culture Club, international DJ and a coach on the U.K. version of “The Voice,” as well as a top fashion designer and photographer
- Matt Iseman — “American Ninja Warrior” host, comedian, actor and licensed physician
- Carrie Keagan — Actress, producer, writer, entrepreneur and the former host of VH1’s Emmy Award-winning live morning talk show “Big Morning Buzz Live with Carrie Keagan”
- Carson Kressley — Emmy Award-winning television star, celebrity stylist, author and fashion designer, as well as a successful horse show exhibitor who owns saddlebred horses
- Lisa Leslie — Naismith Hall of Famer, four-time Olympic gold medalist and WNBA champion who earned an MBA
- Jon Lovitz — comedian, film and television star and former “Saturday Night Live” cast member
- Vince Neil — lead vocalist for the heavy metal band Mötley Crüe as well as eclectic businessman with interests in liquor, bars, restaurants, tattoo parlors along with clothing and retail
- Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi — Reality television star and New York Times bestselling author
- Kyle Richards — actress and star of ‘The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” is a philanthropist who owns an innovative boutique concept in Beverly Hills
- Chael Sonnen — former UFC standout and mixed martial artist
- Porsha Williams — Co-host of nationally syndicated Dish Nation, star of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta,” entrepreneur.
- Ricky Williams — Heisman Trophy winner for the University of Texas, 2015 College Football Hall of Fame inductee and ESPN sports analyst who was a running back for the Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints and Baltimore Ravens
- Carnie Wilson — singer, television host and member of the pop music group Wilson Phillips.
Seriously Mark Burnett, THIS is the best you could come up with?! If Donald Trump was worried about The Celebrity Apprentice: Terminator Edition getting better ratings than his previous seasons did, I think he can rest easy now, as this is a pretty sad cast.
No Trump, no Ivanka, no cast mates who are even remotely relevant.. No thanks!