Virgin Hotels Las Vegas Officially Opens Its Doors, And It Looks Amazing
Looking for a cool new spot to call home the next time you visit Sin City? Then you’re going to want to check out the new Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton, which takes over the old Hard Rock Hotel & Casino location just off The Strip on Paradise Road.
The highly anticipated hotel is the latest addition to the Curio Collection by Hilton brand and offers guests and locals alike a distinctly authentic and one-of-a-kind Vegas experience within a resort oasis with over 1,500 chambers and suites (which sounds way cooler than just saying rooms), an exclusive spa, 12 exciting food and beverage outlets, vibrant daytime and nighttime live entertainment venues, a 60,000-square-foot state-of-the-art casino and more.
Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton is home to three towers, Opal, Canyon and Ruby, featuring spacious, stylish and brag-worthy Chambers (rooms), Grand Chamber Suites and Penthouses featuring iconic views of the Las Vegas Strip, picturesque mountains and the resort’s pool oasis.
In the Opal and Canyon towers, each king or two-queen bed chamber is designed and consists of two exceptional spaces separated by a privacy door. The first space, the “Dressing Room,” includes a full vanity, makeup desk with a well-lit mirror, an extra-large shower complete with Red Flower toiletries, and a closet for two. The second space, the “Sleeping Lounge,” features Virgin Hotels’ ergonomically designed lounge bed, high-definition TV, pedestal table and a cozy seating nook. All chambers feature custom lighting on sensors that automatically illuminate when guests move throughout the chamber. In the all-suite Ruby Tower, guests can expect a dedicated check-in area and valet along with spectacular suite views.
As part of Curio Collection by Hilton, Virgin Hotels Las Vegas guests enjoy peace of mind from check-in to check-out with the industry-leading Hilton CleanStay program. During their stay, visitors can expect enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols including a Hilton CleanStay room seal to indicate the room has not been entered since being thoroughly cleaned and a focus on cleanliness that is visible to guests throughout their entire stay.
Plus, guests can enjoy a contactless stay with the one-stop Virgin Hotels’ app Lucy, which provides guests with the ability to check-in, use a mobile room key to enter the chamber, control the lights and thermostat, and even order room service.
International Culinary Flavors and Innovative Beverages
With 12 experiential food and beverage outlets to choose from, culinary afficionados and locals alike can indulge in an array of exciting and global contemporary options sure to delight every palate. Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton’s extensive dining portfolio of international flavors includes:
- Olives from James Beard award-winning chef Todd English featuring a bold and extensive menu with Mediterranean warmth (coming May 2021)
- Night + Market featuring signature Thai cuisine from Los Angeles-based award-winning chef Kris Yenbamroong
- Nobu, the legendary restaurant from chef Nobu Matsuhisa featuring the finest in traditional Japanese cooking
- One Steakhouse from brothers David Morton and Michael Morton, which provides guests with a top steakhouse dining experience
- Kassi Beach House, a European-style restaurant and lounge from restauranteur Nick Mathers featuring cuisine that embodies the spirit of the Mediterranean islands with coastal Italian and Greek fare (coming April 2021)
- Casa Calavera, a new culinary and cantina open-air concept with a focus on traditional Mexican cuisine by global hospitality company Hakkasan Group
- Afters Ice Cream, a twist on a traditional ice cream parlor concept featuring EDM and hip-hop music coupled with handmade ice cream (coming April 2021)
- Pizza Forte by the Ferraro Family featuring Roman-style pizza and a variety of Italian street fare
Signature Virgin Hotels restaurants and bars include:
- The Kitchen at Commons Club, a 24/7 contemporary brasserie featuring international culinary offerings with a nod to Virgin’s British roots and cocktails
- The Bar at Commons Club featuring locally sourced wines, beers and craft brews in addition to accessible cocktails
- The Shag Room, an immersive sunken lounge accessible through a speakeasy photobooth entrance featuring elevated cocktails and live entertainment
- Funny Library Coffee Shop, perfect for working, unwinding or reading with a delicious pastry or coffee
Party and Play
Located within the resort, the state-of-the-art 60,000-square-foot Mohegan Sun Casino is operated by master developer and operator of premier global integrated entertainment resorts, Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment. The casino offers a combination of popular favorites from slot machines to a selection of table games. Arriving later this year, sports-lovers can also enjoy Betfred USA Sportsbook, featuring a state-of-the-art video wall and more.
The Dayclub at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas will offer a playground of entertainment offerings. The luxe, two-story, Mykonos-themed dayclub will feature multi-level bar experiences, beachside bites and an open-air entertainment stage designed to transport guests to a music festival in a coastal Greek getaway with live DJ performances.
Guests can also enjoy an unparalleled sports entertainment experience featuring interactive games, sports betting and innovative food and cocktails at Money, Baby! from Clive Collective. The high-energy, daylife and nightlife venue will offer guests a unique and nostalgic gaming experience.
Relaxation and Rejuvenation
Looking for something a little more relaxed pace? Guests can soak up the sun, keep up with their fitness routine or unwind at one of Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection by Hilton’s many resort offerings, perfect for relaxation and rejuvenation. Resort guests can work up a sweat in the hotel’s fitness center or indulge in a pampering treatment at the spa featuring Roman-style baths and signature Farmhouse Fresh Spa products. In May, guests will also be able to relax poolside at the Mediterranean-inspired pool featuring VIP cabanas and daybeds.
All in all, the Virgin Hotels Las Vegas sounds like quite a property, and I’m eager to check it out the next time I’m in town, which will hopefully be sooner than later. If you’ve been, be sure to leave a comment below and let us know what you thought of it!