A few weeks back, we told you about Old Spice Swagger Gel, which offers guys the #smellegendary manly scent they want plus high hold and moderate shine for hair that doesn’t try too hard. It’s quickly become my go-to hair styling product, and my hair has never looked better, even after wearing a hat!
Speaking of hats, are you sick of taking off your hat when you get to work and have your hair go flying in all directions? Well celebrity groomer Benjamin Thigpen is here to help, with some tips on how to combat that dreaded “hat hair” and look fresh to death:
- Start with Old Spice Swagger Gel – Simply apply a small amount (no more than nickel size) to your fingertips and rub together before applying to the hat line.
- Keep it Dry – Make sure your hair is completely dry and styled before wearing the hat. Otherwise, your hair will flatten and take the hat’s shape when wet.
- Hat Indentation Quick Fix – Use your fingertips to press and start rubbing the hat line out. Think of your fingertips as an eraser!
- Water Works – In a pinch and without product? Wet your hands with water and flick excess off. Start with a small amount because you can’t unwet your hair. Remember, it’s just a quick touch up!
- Hats Off to Hats – Many guys wear hats on a daily basis, and hats can also be cleverly used as a styling tool. They work great to bring down hair volume, or to help keep Swagger-styled hair in place from home to your destination.
Why should you trust tips from Benjamin Thigpen? If there’s one person who knows a thing or two about hair, it’s him. He’s styled some of Hollywood’s elite, including Marc Jacobs, Bruce Willis, Nate Berkus, Francisco Costa, Nick Swisher, Josh Duhamel, Tony Hale, Jimmi Simpson, Boyd Holbrook, and many more.
If you are ready to take your hair game to the next level, enter our Old Spice “Hats Off to #Smellegendary Hair” Giveaway, where one lucky Guys Gab reader will walk away with not only Swagger Gel, but also Old Spice Pomade, Steel Courage Shampoo, an Old Spice Beanie and a $25 gift card to the popular online hat store Lids, so you can choose the perfect hat.
It couldn’t be easier to enter, simply leave us a comment below telling us why you should win the prize pack. We’ll pick a winner at random on March 28th at 5pm EST. Contest only open to US residents.
– Thank you to Old Spice for sponsoring this giveaway!