Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide and Uber are putting travelers on the fast track to earning valuable rewards with today’s announcement of an exciting new strategic partnership that will give Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) members who ride with Uber the opportunity to earn coveted Starpoints during any Uber ride, anywhere worldwide.
With this new partnership, Starwood and Uber are enhancing the guest travel experience by ushering in the next generation in travel rewards. Now earning coveted Starpoints is as easy as requesting an Uber. After linking existing SPG and Uber accounts at spg.com/uber and completing one qualifying stay in the calendar year at any Starwood hotel worldwide, SPG members using Uber can simply sit back and enjoy the ride, while watching their points rack up.
All SPG members will earn one Starpoint for every dollar spent on Uber rides. However, if you use Uber to catch a ride during an SPG stay, you will receive bonus Starpoints depending on your membership level.
- Preferred 2 Starpoints per $ spend with Uber
- Gold, Platinum 3 Starpoints per $ spend with Uber
- Platinum 75+ 4 Starpoints per $ spend with Uber
“When we looked at how to make the Uber experience even better for our millions of riders worldwide, a partnership with Starwood was a natural fit. There’s a Starwood property in the majority of the 291 cities where Uber operates,” said Travis Kalanick, CEO of Uber. “With this first-of-its-kind partnership, SPG members can now get an extra reward for taking an Uber anytime anywhere.”
Jumpstart Your #SuiteRide this Weekend
To kickoff the partnership, Uber and Starwood are teaming up to surprise SPG members and Uber riders with an “SPG #SuiteRide” in five cities around the world. On Saturday, February 28th, Uber riders who link their Starwood and Uber accounts can select the “SPG” vehicle option in the Uber app for a door-to-door branded hotel experience on wheels and 15,000 Starpoints – good for a free night at category 1-5 Starwood hotel. .
#SuiteRide members will experience the unique features and amenities from Starwood’s nine distinct brands; St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W, Westin, Le Méridien, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton, Aloft, and Element in their SPG-branded Uber including:
- Westin Hotels – an invitation to indulge in its signature well-being amenities, including a 10-minute Headspace meditation session, a Westin Heavenly Robe, and a Westin White Tea Travel Set.
- W Hotels – a blend of iconic design and contemporary luxury will immerse riders in an extraordinary experience featuring LED mood lighting, music inspired by W, and a Bliss Spa travel pack.
- St. Regis – a luxurious ride combining classic sophistication with modern sensibility where riders will enjoy fresh flowers; jazz music; Beyond, The St. Regis Magazine; and the St Regis Bloody Mary book.
- Aloft – a modern, fresh and fun experience including a mini-refuel kit and free wifi for the tech savvy traveler.
The one-of-a-kind, limited SPG Ubers will be available in Dubai, London, Mexico City, New York, and San Francisco from 2pm–7pm local time.